Ms250 fuel problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnance

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a problem with ms250 fuel line being to long? This is a new saw. The filter sits next to the fill cap and stays there no matter what way the saw is facing. So if it has less the half tank and tipped to the side to fell a tree, it leans out like it is out of fuel. I will be taking it to the dealer it has only had 1 1/2 tanks of fuel in it maybe. First full take was dealer fuel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You need to line the flat part of the fuel line with the middle seam of the gas tank, so that the filter/line points to the front/right.

View attachment 790634

Exactly right Harley, I just put two of them together. And you can't put the line through the top of the tank with the filter attached, which is the way it SHOULD have been engineered.

I replaced one not too long ago. It's a PITA for sure. I pushed it down into the tank to remove it but to replace it, I attached the pickup body first and then somehow inserted the line back up through the hole in the tank and somehow got the grommet through the hole without damaging the line. A few growling words and finally a prayer helped get me through it.

Latest posts

Back