MS250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a great saw. A few years back my step son brought me his fairly new 250 to use for the season. He knew I was thinking about stepping up from my homelines. I had a great summer cutting with the 250 and in the fall my wife and I went to the saw shop to buy one. The salesman talked me into a 310 by making me a great deal. I got home and put the shiny new saw in the middle of the living room and sat back to enjoy the view. After a little thinking, I told the wife what I really needed was a smaller saw for the limb wood and kindling. She agreed, so back to the shop we went and came home with brand new 170. That was a really good day. Enjoy the new saw, it'll do a good job for you.

I burn about 4 cords per year most of which I don't have to go from tree to splitter, rather the tree service my employer uses drops rounds or at worse log length which I will have to cut.

Got my 250 out today. Cut up a nice little beach. Got the saw trading a load of wood. Had one tank though it. Always had to start it on half choke when hot and would never idle. Put a fully tunable carb on it and fixed that. Will say it came with an 18 inch bar and if I ever need to replace it a 16 will go on.

Love it. Saw likes to get busy.
That's the 18" bar there, but if you measure from the dogs out, it's about 16" of usable bar.
2015-08-07%2016.59.01_zpszqyoehca.jpg

Good thing you reminded me bout this thread, I used the 250 today, Ok just to cut 2 pieces of 2x4 but it still cut, and is in the pic too.... so here ya go.

IMG_5448[1].JPG

It's still a 16in for now till I go through 1 more chain that I have then it's also getting an 18in as I'm on the taller side and hate bending over more than I have to.

Back