Ms260 STIHL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenstreet5

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Arborsite I am extremely happy to finally join your forum I have been a side viewer of arborsite for too long, I'm happy to be here, I am a stihl and husqvarna enthusiast and I just picked up a ms260 pro off of eBay, my question is what bar size and chain should I put on this guy. I am in landscaping but also fell a tree close every other day, I would be using this saw to cut anything from 3" to 16" I do have bigger saws for the bigger jobs but for the next 6 months my arm will be in a cast so this ms260 will be my new best friend, I appreciate your time and responses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
b4a3ad144ad02c43000be479501ec51c.jpg

Thank you valiantpaul any suggestions on chain full chisel or something else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use full chisel and love it. Keep it away from any dirt or sand as it loses it's edge easier than semi chisel if you hit dirt.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

16" bar and .325" chain.

But am I the only one who following surgery hasn't touched a chainsaw in six months if not to for maintenance/repairs? Am I the only one so stupid to listen to what doctors say? It hasn't done me much, if any, good so far... ;)

another vote for this combo. It is what I run on mine.

16" bar and .325" chain.

But am I the only one who following surgery hasn't touched a chainsaw in six months if not to for maintenance/repairs? Am I the only one so stupid to listen to what doctors say? It hasn't done me much, if any, good so far... ;)
This is what I run--setup that came from the dealer! I acquired my 260Pro from older brother, very little run time!!

I run the 260 a lot. My preferred setup is the 18" and .325 full chisel. I'm 6 feet tall, so anything less than 18" makes me have to lean over too far and give me a back ache. I haven't run a 20", so I can't comment on that. I don't think you can go wrong with 18" and .325.

.325 18" combo. That's what I'm running on my 346xp. I wouldn't run a 3/8 unless I absolutely had to.

Back