MS310 trouble

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by macman101a
could not down load that image I just want to help him set his saw If I can help please ask via email

Here's another (alternate) standard format version of the attachment.  The first was not an image, this is.

If he takes this private with you via email, how can anyone else in this public forum benefit, or don't you want them to?

Glen

5 guys saying the same thing turn this and this I was helping so dont turn it into a power trip so only you guys can help him

It's not really about a power trip.  He came to the open forum with his problem.  Yes, he may get 5 different answers (and none of them may be right) but through the public process, the participants and the silent viewers all benefit.  There's nothing wrong with you wanting to help, and there's nothing wrong with wanting to do so privately.  But the suggestion to take it private should probably be made privately, and if it ends up that way and that you'd helped him, he'd still be somewhat obliged to report back here as a part of his good forum citizenship.  So I guess I'm a little confused about the desire to take it private, that's all.

Glen

The different arrangements in carburetors that have independant and series high, low, and intermediate speed circuits takes some getting used to. I was caught out in 20 year old theory when the question arose about lean mid range condition a few months ago by a saw carver. Glen posted a site link that forced me to update my thinking. Thanks!

private

I just gave him chance to email me I would gladly help him with out him thinking he is bothering me I would help anybody with a saw problem heck come by bring a saw and we could set up a couple rounds and tune it in I just love to work on gas engines

I'll bow out of this now by saying I apologize.  I now understand your bringing up helping via email wasn't a request to take it out of the forum, but was merely permission to do so if he wanted to.

Thanks,
Glen

no need to bow out a real man says what he has on his mind and you did just that Im sure I will talk to you again until then take care

I appreciate all the help from everyone. I did get it running at least acceptably. Any further tinkering (except for maybe another slight tweak at the high) will be done at the dealer. Again, thanks to all. I my bone docs are correct I may not be running saws much longer in any case.

Harry K

Latest posts

Back