• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'm more of a lurker than poster but been around a couple years. All the talk of a ported saw has finally gotten to me but would like a stock saw to start with just so I can see the difference for myself. I PM'd stihl living a little bit about that saw. If I don't come across a decent deal on a stock saw in decent shape I may look at one already ported.

I guess I'm more of a lurker than poster but been around a couple years. All the talk of a ported saw has finally gotten to me but would like a stock saw to start with just so I can see the difference for myself. I PM'd stihl living a little bit about that saw. If I don't come across a decent deal on a stock saw in decent shape I may look at one already ported.

The difference between stock and ported is like a V6 to V8. Both will get you down the road, but the V8 will also carry your load, pull a trailer and get you out in front of that semi when you merge. There is a reason porting cost what it does and they are not finicky hi-strung race saws, they retain all of their civility and just flat out run a lot better. Buy ported- you won't be disappointed.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GO WRONG WITH A TREE MONKEY SAW. I WISH I could afford that 361 Stihl Liven has listed. Never had a 60cc Stihl.

Did not care the 362cm. Much prefer a 359 or 262xp.
Ive heard Scott builds some very strong saws. never had the opportunity to run one though. Heard very good things about the 361.

Back