MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think a decomp is ever necessary on a little saw like a 361. I'd be looking for something else
Probably not absolutely necessary but I use them on all my saws that have one, even my 353 Husqvarna. A few years ago I didn't ever use a de-comp but since I've had shoulder problems I notice it helps me a lot. I have a 290 that I made into a 390 and it is rather hard on me to start it but I manage by drop starting it. I will tell you that my de-comp equipped saws are fast becoming my favorites...

"little saw" ? At one time Stihl only sold four models that were larger: 440, 460, 660, and 880. They had at least ten that were smaller: 170, 180, 192, 200, 210, 230, 270, 280, 290, and 310. I use the decomp on my 361 every time I start it, especially when cold. I wish my 028 Super had one and I'm glad my 026 PRO has one.

I fail to see why anyone with any saw equipped with a decomp would not use it.It is far easier on you and the saw.Acting macho doesnt impress anyone and you pay for your idiotic pranks of your youth when you get older.I am fairly strong but even if I was built like Arnold Schwartsniger I would use the decomp to save strain on the recoil.
Kash

I wasn't planning to do much today but since I got my parts in yesterday thought I'd at least put the muffler back on today. One thing led to another and I can now tell you I got the saw running! The main parts it needed was an ignition module, spark plug, fuel line and filter plus the de-comp valve. The thing runs well now and is all back together!

Back