ms390 parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richbirkh

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an online parts supplier for stihl saws with the schematic of the saw. Dont feel like going through the dealer and paying their rent.

You can only get factory Stihl parts from a Stihl dealer, and you can't get those online or mail order. Stihl policy. Sorry. You can find parts new and used on ebay from time to time, and there's a couple of guys on here that have a decent supply of parts. Post over in the Used Equipment forum what you need, and you'r likely to get some help, or at least be pointed in the right direction.

You can find some basic replacement aftermarket parts, like fuel and air filters, bar nuts, sprockets, rims and clutch drums from places like Bailey's and Madsen's. They're not factory Sthil, but they work fine. But for model specific, component level items, you'll need to see your dealer.

Welcome to the site.

Jeff

Stihl doesn't allow their saws or parts to be sold online. They only sell through authorized dealers. If it is available aftermarket, you may be able to buy a non original replacement, otherwise, you have to go through a dealer. The only exceptions are things like carb kits and spark plugs, that are available through the manufacturer of those particular components. Some parts can be had on eBay however, either used or new through liquidation of old stock.

Thanks for the info guys I was hoping this was not the case but I guess its off to the dealer. I pinched the saw cutting a 28 inch maple and the tree cracked the plastic grab barr when it fell. The saw still runs fine but I am afraid at some point that it will break off and the saw will kick back and cut off some part of my body that I need. This forum is awesome. Gotta love the internet!

Yeah thats it sweet I think I can live with the little crack in the pull starter housing it is still very strong just a cosmetic crack gives the saw character. Thanks again guys for all the help. I will order one today.

Watch that crack in your starter housing. It may not be a big deal, but there's alot of stress and torque on that mechanism when starting the saw. It may be just cosmetic, but it could also get worse pretty quickly....no worry though, last night while I was looking up the handlebar, I saw a starter assembly on there too, if you're interested.

Jeff

Back