MS441 Magnum Throttle Linkage images

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziechainsaw

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I got this Magnum a couple of weeks ago for almost nothing because the old owner was told by the local Stihl dealer that it was too expensive to fix. I rums and idles perfectly. Only issue I can find is it only get half throttle. Today was the first time I actually had time to have a good look and from what I can see I think the issue is the linkage. Now i'm only guessing because I don't have any other MS441 to look at but I think someone has had the carby off at some stage and not put it back correctly.

As you can see by the photo's it's only getting half throttle, but the image i have circled looks like the linkage isn't in the correct position and when hold full throttle on the handle the linkage is pushing against a white linkage. I think the linkage from the carby should be located inside the V of the circled image and not sitting in front. But because I do not have another reference I am just guessing.

Does anyone have a MS441 at home they could have a look at for me and let me know with photo's or email if what i have circled is correct or I am right and it needs to be moved to get full throttle again.

Cheers

Justin

Attachments

• 20200725_174327.jpg
    20200725_174327.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 42
  • 20200725_175304.jpg
    20200725_175304.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 42
  • 20200725_181903.jpg
    20200725_181903.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 43
It does appear there's some parts in the wrong places going from your pics & the video... The 441 where I work the rod is in the V you mention & also in the video I linked.
The throttle linkages are stupid complicated on these 441's compared to my M-tronic 661, & I think my 462, although I haven't tore it down very far yet. Not much use on that saw so far... but especially to regular carb saws. The M-tronics sure do cut well when everything is working right:)

Back