MS441 side cover on MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
Reaction score
Here's the pictures..

MS441 wrap side cover on the MS361. Fit's perfectly... as you would expect.

attachment.php

Closeup of the chain guard (and tank protector)

attachment.php

part numbers :

Cover - 1138 640 1703 - About $38
Deflector - 138 656 1500 - About $8-$9

sedanman said:
Why is this better than stock?

Ever cut clutch side up with a short (half wrap version) clutch cover? I did it once with my 044, which has been piece mealed together, so it's got a full wrap and a short cover.....chips everywhere, especially in my face. I suspect a longer bar throwing a higher volume of chips calls for the extended chip deflector and the lower clutch cover.

Jeff

sedanman said:
Why is this better than stock?

As Fishhuntetc says, PLUS the extended rubber guard actually protects the tank from chain throws.

The big covers are on all the wrap models for the chip throw issue and to give a little more protection for the user. The Wrap handle for the MS361 is coming real soon..

Interesting,

I have already witnessed a chain "blocking" on my MS361, when burrying it completely in softwood (producing a lot of chips). I figured this had to so with chips built up in the clutch cover. Is this 441 cover hence more suitable ?
Or could the chain blocking be caused by something else ?
thanks for your input.
Roland

belgian said:
Interesting,

I have already witnessed a chain "blocking" on my MS361, when burrying it completely in softwood (producing a lot of chips). I figured this had to so with chips built up in the clutch cover. Is this 441 cover hence more suitable ?
Or could the chain blocking be caused by something else ?
thanks for your input.
Roland

Might be something else... The 441 cover is the same dimension except for a flared extension on the lower portion.

Back