MS460 Dying in wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if it fires right back up id almost guarantee its the vent. or a small leak in fuel line or impulse. what it is the carb has enough fuel for short burst operations but when you throw the coals to it she cant keep enough fuel pumping when then tank is creating a vaccum cause the vent isnt working

Took it apart today, didn't take pics though because everything looked fine. No cracked lines, no leaks, piston and cylinder good filters are fine.

I'm stumped. Going to take in to the shop after this storm goes away.

My son's saw was doing the very same thing. Only, after 10 or so minutes of that, traces of gas was seen on the cover. After a carb kit didn't help, the saw tech installed a new carb.

Took it apart today, didn't take pics though because everything looked fine. No cracked lines, no leaks, piston and cylinder good filters are fine.

I'm stumped. Going to take in to the shop after this storm goes away.

What did the carb screen look like?

I pulled it out and checked it but it looked okay.

I didn't order any new parts for it.

Should I run it without the vent on and see if it makes a difference?

mine was letting air thru just not enough under load. try runing the saw and when she bogs pop the fuel cap open and if she revs back up its the vent. or it may be the fuel line has a small pinhole so if it doesnt resolve with the fuel cap. try running a completely full tank. cause if it has a pinhole in the tank it will still pick up fuel. now if still no go i would run it with air filter off and check for fuel leaks off the carb. its more than likely not an impuls because it revs up and sustains revs correct? just after abit it die down?

Back