ms460 or ms441?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Neb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to either pick either a

ms460 with 25" bar for $705
ms441 (wrap) with 25" bar for $765

Unfortunately I don't have money for both...

I've had my heart set on a 441 but the offer might be too good on the 460. What do you guys think?

Unless you REALLY need the marginal difference in power that the 460 offers, I'd go with the 441. No huge difference in power, it's way smoother, easier on fuel and has a better air filtration.

Where on earth do they sell new 460's for $705?

I picked up my 441 for $720.

I've been looking around for well over a month at the 441's and even told the local Stihl dealer I'd buy the next one he got in. The 460 is actually new in box never run sitting at a pawn shop. About $40 more than the 441 at the Stihl dealer.

I vote for the 441 because of the reasons mentioned and I would be careful on the pawn shop saw, sounds too good to be true. It isn't a bargin if the cops come and get it as stolen property a month from now. You will be out the $$$$ and the saw.

If it is really new in box I would get the 460 while you can. Seems to be the totally proven and popular pro saw, I'd love to have a new one for that price!

Thanks guys.... I think I'll play it safe and get the saw I've had my eye on. Besides it should come already tuned up and ready to cut. I just hope the 441 comes in shortly. Thanks again.

Tool Price,,,,,,

Tools are sort of fickle when it comes to there price, short story here, but with a moral.

Just bought a belt sander, have a few Doug Fir logs that are going to be a banister and window or breezeway encasement. I went the extra distance for a Ridgid, with a variable speed, 800 - 1475 FPS,(could have easily had a $100 dollar cheaper sander) ,,, didn't think I would need the VS, but what the h311.

Turns out that sanding the knotts and bull-nosing the sides, I was blowing up belts in no time at all,,,, just thought this was going to be an expensive project! Buy a lot of belts,,,,,,wrong, throttle the sander down to the 800FPS speed and blow a belt if I hit something wrong.

Moral of the story: *Tools don't cost anything, they pay for them self, if you think for one second that the 441 would have more usability , buy all means buy it,,,,at $100 dollars more usability is the bottom line.

*Good tools, things like Wildthinggies and some Harbor Freight and such tools don't count.

An issue for consideration with the 460 is you won't get Stihl's 1 year warranty (assumption - that you are a "homeowner") and won't qualify for the lifetime warranty on the ignition. You'll have to figure what that's is worth to you.

I'm probably way out of line, but here it goes anyway

Casey of the Forrest has changed proiorites (I can't even imagine what it must be) and he's selling a low mileage, modded 441. I don't know Casey or have any actual knowledge of his saw.

FWIW,

Jack

Hate to quote myself, but

Casey of the Forrest has changed proiorites (I can't even imagine what it must be) and he's selling a low mileage, modded 441. I don't know Casey or have any actual knowledge of his saw.

FWIW,

Jack

Maybe I do have a motive. If you buy the CF 441, it removes the temptation from me.

I can resist anything but temptation.

nickel

I have an opportunity to either pick either a

ms460 with 25" bar for $705
ms441 (wrap) with 25" bar for $765

Unfortunately I don't have money for both...

I've had my heart set on a 441 but the offer might be too good on the 460. What do you guys think?

Take a NICKEL...

Write 441 on one side, flip it over, write 460 on the other side with marker....

Throw coin into air high, run, once coin lands, go over and look at it....

If it says 460 get the 460, if it says 441 get 441 etc...:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

Naw just messin'. I'd get either one but if the 460 is the same price as 441 get the 460.:clap: :rock: :)

Back