ms660 need help with it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl fan12

Reaction score
hello everyone i need help with a ms660 had in storage for months, recently changed the coil added a new spark plug, new fuel line, and nothing ive tried everything and still doesnt wanna turn on. any advice

Fuel,air,and spark are the three things that you want to check for first.
If you can get a cap of fuel mix down the throat of the carburetor, if it starts then dies its a fuel related problem. If it doesn't start its probably a spark related problem.
Compression is also required for starting in 2 stroke motors, so pull the muffler off and inspect the piston.
Post pictures.

Why the coil did it have no spark ? Does it have spark now? Might be the carb since it sat for a while. See if you have spark and if so put a tiny bit of gas in the carb throat with throttle open and see it it fires momentarily.
Right there with ya bud. Those coils are pretty robust, but it would be easy to set up a new coil in the wrong spot.

Just a few questions... did it run before storage? Did you replace the coil just because, or was there an issue? Do you still have the original coil?
had to replace it since it wasnt making spark, no i didnt run it while in storage. yes i have the original coil, the tech said i had to put oil where the hook and the wire meet in the spark plug boot

Fuel,air,and spark are the three things that you want to check for first.
If you can get a cap of fuel mix down the throat of the carburetor, if it starts then dies its a fuel related problem. If it doesn't start its probably a spark related problem.
Compression is also required for starting in 2 stroke motors, so pull the muffler off and inspect the piston.
Post pictures.
one thing i noted was that the carb was making a bubbling noise where the hose goes in the fuel tank, when i cleaned the carb recently i noted there was fresh fue in there

Back