MS780/880 difference

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dealer is absolutely not going to have a tillotson.
Dealer is going to know nothing whatsoever about a 780. Why I’m asking the hive mind these questions. Tillotsons work on the 780 well, I know that. Just want to know if are differences between a WG12 and 13. Know I can get China clones for $40 but can get a WG13 for $79 and would rather get the Walbro OEM than knockoff because the OEM WG11 has worked so flawlessly for me.

Dont quote me, my guess would be the smaller venturi carb will improve low end to mid range while sacrifing hp at the upper rpm range. Torque is king in our environment probably why stihl took the trouble to offer 2 variation for the big dogs
That’s been my only guess. Where it’s been marketed the main target is logging huge tropical hardwoods so torque would be king for sure. Absolutely no reason to diminish hp except in pursuit of torque. I’ve been trying to figure this out because if the design is for increased torque I may leave my WG-11 carb on there since it’s just for burying big bars in big wood at this point. If the game is milling big wood and the torque to do it, chasing hp doesn’t matter to me. I get there’s untapped power they leave on the table that can be unleashed thru various mods, but that’s true of any stock engine. I have an old Silverado 2500HD for what it can haul, not how much hp or speed I can get out of it. I don’t know near as much about two stroke performance as a lot of guys on here, but if all this hp chasing is more about speed cutting rounds hot saw style than making a better big wood milling saw, I’ll stop being distracted by the performance crowd and go with if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

That’s been my only guess. Where it’s been marketed the main target is logging huge tropical hardwoods so torque would be king for sure. Absolutely no reason to diminish hp except in pursuit of torque. I’ve been trying to figure this out because if the design is for increased torque I may leave my WG-11 carb on there since it’s just for burying big bars in big wood at this point. If the game is milling big wood and the torque to do it, chasing hp doesn’t matter to me. I get there’s untapped power they leave on the table that can be unleashed thru various mods, but that’s true of any stock engine. I have an old Silverado 2500HD for what it can haul, not how much hp or speed I can get out of it. I don’t know near as much about two stroke performance as a lot of guys on here, but if all this hp chasing is more about speed cutting rounds hot saw style than making a better big wood milling saw, I’ll stop being distracted by the performance crowd and go with if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
Exactly, they're going against cs1201 for our market. That monster pulls 404 chain like a tractor

Back