Ms881 oil pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long of a bar are you running?
If oil output is low the first thing I'd be doing is flushing the tank & making sure there aren't fines clogging the pickup/ lines/ pump inlet, etc.
Not sure about the 881 specifically, but most pumps can be modified to have a higher output

Thanks JD. 36" bar. Saw only has a few tanks run time. Needs more oil. Replaced oil pickup. Tried trimming control bolt.
Tried changing pump with 1124 640 3201 from am ms880. Was a no go.
Anyway, back to question, where to find a 1124 640 3206? Not finding pump online?
Thanks!

How much of a tank of oil does it use to a tank of gas? If it's that new & that stingy I'd be having the dealer sort it out.
Stihl parts can be hard to get online & you may find it's a dealer only thing. Hopefully one of the Stihl shop guys chimes in.
@HarleyT maybe...

Hello gang:
Looking for a 1124 640 3206 pump. Want alil more oil on chain. Did some searching online with no luck. What am i missing and where is a good source?
As always, THANK YOU! David
Please toss up a pic of both pumps if you have any. If it does infact have a control bolt swap it out or file it down then polish the face.

I think Lightning was referring to pic's of the modifications you have made as filing the control bolt should give you the increase you're after

Latest posts

Back