Muffler mod on Husq 359 with catalyst

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't tell

If I'm looking at it right, you drilled thru the catalyst, right? I'm wondering if it still gets as hot after your mod. I get that it's not restrictive any more but is it still making heat like it did before the mod?
Thats not the only hole in middle plate. I made a big hole in.the middle and also cut thr tube that feeds the upper outlet. I'm sure its running a lot cooler with the dual outlets and easier flow.

I recently modified my 359 muffler also. 1/2inch hole in the baffle, 3/4 opening. Doesn’t feel like any exhaust gas gets pushed through the catalyst.

Attachments

• BEAFB085-2738-4E81-B772-9E9A483DE205.jpeg
    BEAFB085-2738-4E81-B772-9E9A483DE205.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • C39F2CC1-86F0-48F1-B594-330FCB704FAF.jpeg
    C39F2CC1-86F0-48F1-B594-330FCB704FAF.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
I can't tell

If I'm looking at it right, you drilled thru the catalyst, right? I'm wondering if it still gets as hot after your mod. I get that it's not restrictive any more but is it still making heat like it did before the mod?
There's no catalyst it's just a bullshít baffle plate. Forces the exhaust to stay in the can longer.

Instead of the outlet being horizontal how about making a verticle scoop infront of the muffler so the noise is muffled downward somewhat. Just wondering how to cut the loudness down.

Hey Bill , you are close to describing a old Sachs Dolmar muffler . They have front louvers that flow down with a shield forward that flows out the bottom .

Back