Muffler mod.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! I'd bet that bad boy is going to be LOUD.:jawdrop:

You are getting closer to a 660, keep trying.:p

Ha ha, funny you should say that, I got a 660 here right now that I'm working on for a friend. I'll be damed but it sounds like a stuffed up sewing machine. Nice saw though.

Got it installed back on the saw, man does it bark!! The vid wont do it justice, my little camera doesn't pick up the sound like my old one did. Vid uploading right now.

attachment.php

Ha ha, funny you should say that, I got a 660 here right now that I'm working on for a friend. I'll be damed but it sounds like a stuffed up sewing machine. Nice saw though.

It's been too close to the Elux saws then, it might sound like a vaccum cleaner next, LOL.:D

They are pretty choked up from the EPA, they pull much better with a muff mod.

Thanks Jerry, no screen. They are probably a little large, but what the heck!

I have to mod up a muffler for my last 394, I may go the two pipe method but just a little smaller diam. pipes. That saw of yours will go through fuel like nobody`s business but should be a serious cutting machine.
Pioneerguy600

Will, you got me in the mood to fire up that tig and try it again. I really want to end up being able to repair magnesium with it.

I'll be that big Husky barks now!

Great! Get at it!! I've been reading on mag welding, and cleaning cleaning cleaning cleaning, more so then Aluminum.

Here is a pic, just tried some beads on aluminum, first try, not too bad.

attachment.php

It's been too close to the Elux saws then, it might sound like a vaccum cleaner next, LOL.:D

They are pretty choked up from the EPA, they pull much better with a muff mod.

Always got an answer eh! Yes it needs a muff mod.

I have to mod up a muffler for my last 394, I may go the two pipe method but just a little smaller diam. pipes. That saw of yours will go through fuel like nobody`s business but should be a serious cutting machine.
Pioneerguy600

Ya, it probably will, but it wont be my saw after the end of the week, its going to a member here.

Here is the vid.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GCxumW5LlEg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GCxumW5LlEg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Yep they do sound great with the big tubes. I'm going to do a mod to my 371 muffler as well, not like this though, I'm going to make another outlet out of sheet steel, so it'll be like 2 stock outlets.

I really want to end up being able to repair magnesium with it.

Same here. The problem with mag is that you need AC Tig for it (more expensive machine) and apparently it catches fire in an instant!

I have an 070 case that I want to fix. It would be cheaper (and easier) to fly to Brazil, get an 070 off the shelf and use that....but no, the CAD is so bad I'm looking for TIG welders so I can fix the one I have. :dizzy:

Same here. The problem with mag is that you need AC Tig for it (more expensive machine) and apparently it catches fire in an instant!

I have an 070 case that I want to fix. It would be cheaper (and easier) to fly to Brazil, get an 070 off the shelf and use that....but no, the CAD is so bad I'm looking for TIG welders so I can fix the one I have. :dizzy:

Yes you need AC to weld that, which the one I just got does. Get one with the most power that you can afford.

Larger mag parts don't burn too easily. Most of the time if they catch fire you remove the torch and they go out. I had to work at it to get them to burn. If you are working on small parts you have to keep the amps low an go slowly or you'll overheat and not only burn through, you might get it to stay burning.

The cleaning part is the hardest. I've taken to stripping the part, soaking it in acetone for several hours and then baking it for several more hours at 425°.

Mr. HE:cool:

Latest posts

Back