Muffler mod.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the puff of exhaust gases. I have an 066 Big Bore with a 1" pipe angled out the left side of the muffler (away from the bar and chain) and the original port is still open. It's kinda loud. When you get the spikes into the tree, you can smell the bark cooking for sure.

Is that a 350 Powerstroke on the street?

Paint the muffler the appropriate colors and call it Hellboy.
attachment.php

Larger mag parts don't burn too easily. Most of the time if they catch fire you remove the torch and they go out. I had to work at it to get them to burn.

Mr. HE:cool:

Or there was that time I didn't realize the part I had was mag (it was late and I thought it was aluminum) and I was trying to braze it....

I was thinking, why is this starting to get soft and kind of crumble. Then it all dawned on me from when I lite up a magnesium fire start as a teenager.

Needless to say I was temporarily blinded, it feel out of the vice and put a 1/4 hole in my garage floor before I got it out...

Brian

Man you aint right. What kinda POS truck do you drive? Powerstrokes get a bad rap for a few things, and mostly stupid owners that don't know how to look after them.

Gotta be a Duramax.:clap: We got some 7.3Ls at work, those trucks are pigs.:cry: Got some 6.0Ls PS too, those are some pullers.

btw, I got a old Nissan truck and 4.3L S10. Wish I had a Dmax.:D

Gotta be a Duramax.:clap: We got some 7.3Ls at work, those trucks are pigs.:cry: Got some 6.0Ls PS too, those are some pullers.

btw, I got a old Nissan truck and 4.3L S10. Wish I had a Dmax.:D

Duramax is great, its too bad about what's wrapped around it.

7.3 pig eh? Hmm, mine isn't. 6.0 was the worst PSD.

Duramax is great, its too bad about what's wrapped around it.

7.3 pig eh? Hmm, mine isn't. 6.0 was the worst PSD.

Dmax/Allison in a Chevy body, bliss!:love1:

I was mistaken on our PS, what I thought were 6.0s are 6.4Ls. One of our 7.3L has 270K, the other 130K. Neither pull like our 6.4L PS, Dmax, or Cummings. The 7.3Ls run, that is about it.

Dmax/Allison in a Chevy body, bliss!:love1:

I was mistaken on our PS, what I thought were 6.0s are 6.4Ls. One of our 7.3L has 270K, the other 130K. Neither pull like our 6.4L PS, Dmax, or Cummings. The 7.3Ls run, that is about it.

ha ha, well, compare apples to apples then, 7.3's are older then the ones you speak, of course the ones that are 10 years newer are going to pull better, your full of **** if you think otherwise. My 7.3 pulls just fine, I pass cars on the highway going up a mountain pulling 5000lbs

ha ha, well, compare apples to apples then, 7.3's are older then the ones you speak, of course the ones that are 10 years newer are going to pull better, your full of **** if you think otherwise. My 7.3 pulls just fine, I pass cars on the highway going up a mountain pulling 5000lbs

Well, the 7.3L w/ 130K is a '00. One of our Dmaxs is a '02 with 150K. No contest, the Dmax kills the 7.3L in every aspect. I guess you got a good 7.3L.:D If there is such thing as a good 7.3L.:laugh:

Well, the 7.3L w/ 130K is a '00. One of our Dmaxs is a '02 with 150K. No contest, the Dmax kills the 7.3L in every aspect. I guess you got a good 7.3L.:D If there is such thing as a good 7.3L.:laugh:

I aint never said the Dmax was slower then a 7.3, but you really don't know a thing if you think the 7.3 is no good. I know I have a good one, because I built it. Duramax is a great engine, I just think New chevy trucks suck, that's all, plus I wont support Obama motors either.

I've got to side with my 6.9, predecessor to the 7.3. International IDI one wire motors and last forever. The newer they get, the worse they get.

Latest posts

Back