muffler mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where can you buy mods for your saw such as a dual ported muffler? any online stores you guys order from?

If your saw is one of the larger saws made by Stihl, then your dealer may be able to order the "factory option" dual port muffler / cover. Husqvarna used to have a "jungle muffler", but I haven't found any recently.

Most of the mods you read about on here are done by the saw owner or by someone known via this site. While modding a muffler may sound like no big deal, it requires retuning the saw after the modifications are done. Improper tuning can lead to running the saw lean and cause damage to the piston and / or cylinder.

More importantly, if done right, the saw runs cooler, creating less wear and tear on the critical parts.

but...

More importantly, if done right, the saw runs cooler, creating less wear and tear on the critical parts.

But....a bigger load on the critical internals caused by more power...... But I know muffler mods are better for them......the cooler running sort of overrides the more stress.....imo....:greenchainsaw:

I had the mods done to my 2100 muffler 1st) to divert the exhaust away form me during milling and 2nd) to pick up a bit more power. Both were achieved.

Nikko

well im trying to get a good price on a ms660 at a dealer near my house and my buddy just mentioned to me that i should think about getting a dp muffler

well im trying to get a good price on a ms660 at a dealer near my house and my buddy just mentioned to me that i should think about getting a dp muffler

DP cover is awesome. I do have a modified cover that was stock I would part with if you are interested...

AS member scottwojo makes really nice modified muffler covers for any saw, but has the ones for the 460 and 660 on eBay. Pretty fancy covers, very cool.

I make the same one just cheaper by not screwing around with stainless. I use steel pipe instead of stainless. Same other than that.

Latest posts

Back