Multi-Tip Stump Grinder Teeth & Wheels

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Multi Tip wheels

Plyscamp

I have been using the Multi Tip cutting system on Predator 50 machine for about 9 months. I have had no trouble with the system at all. Their promise is for fast change teeth and that's exacltly what it delivers! I can change teeth and swap them around the wheel very quickly - compared to the bad system on my previous machine (Carlton).

Somebody above commented on the shape of the Multi tip wheel. Clearly they dont understand the cleverness of this design. The shape makes the sideways cutting possible and is an obvious design - once you see it!

I have recently agreed to test out multi-tips newer system and it is even better.

Hope that helps - please contact me if you want more info.

John.

ohh bad buy john the PREDATOR :( [if there made like his tracked chipper's no one is ever built the same]..........if the design is that clever how come's a big stump cutter manufacture doesn't use a similar or even the same design??..i think that when you have been stump cutting as long as i have you will realize it's best to stay with the recognized design's

Last edited:
One thing that is usually never addressed in any discusion about new teeth and cutters is the weight difference and how it affects the rest of the drive train system on a grinder. I switched to green teeth on my 1625a for a while and have gone back to rayco teeth after a few problems with the clutch and bearings. Talked to the dealers and manufacturers of the machines and the point was made that the additional weight and drag on the system could cause problems. I questioned greenteeth about this and they 'had no data related to drive train problems' . Wonder if any other manufacter has any data on it?

Rollacoster

You seem to criticise me for my choice of machines and saying I'm happy with it. In that sense I am bias I suppose, but why do I deserve your venom?

So who other that "Rollacoster" are you? It would help us all if you declared your interest and explained why you object some much.

TreeCo said:
Comment: “This new concept has really changed my job and freed up time for my personal life” (one of Johns' comments at the multitooth web site)

This was written by an advertising person IMO. I don't trust this group.

Dan

And you are wise not to ,1 minute there selling TIMBERWOLF chipper's next there not and there selling another, JENSON chippers !..and at the same time there telling all potential client's that the chipper they where selling a few month's ago is now a pile of junk..funny it was the rolls royce chipper a few months ago

JOHN ,PATRICK'S a nice guy but he's only deep down realy concerned about money and not quality or customer's

John D Halliday said:
Rollacoster

You seem to criticise me for my choice of machines and saying I'm happy with it. In that sense I am bias I suppose, but why do I deserve your venom?

So who other that "Rollacoster" are you? It would help us all if you declared your interest and explained why you object some much.

Let's just say i don't like to see hard working guy's ripped off !!!!

I got a multi tip wheel today MK3 I believe I am running it on a Kan-Du. It wasn't a big day but I was extremely impressed with the smoothness with both the straight out running almost no vibration and ease of cutting. I will let you know my thoughts after a month or so of use. My other new machine 8018 Carlton will be running green-teeth.

i was to become a distributer in the south west uk....the product is not a bad one...i use the mark 1 version....itmade a big difference to my little dosko...the new version looks even better....in uk for 10 years...No...3-4 perhaps...would i deal with the company owners or investors again...no.....i have a (for me a large) stock of teeth that i am lumbered with since they welshed on a deal.... when challenged with why they have not followed up on their promises...all they were concerned with was if i was using the teeth myself....pissed me right off......i could use the teeth 24hrs and day and i would still have enough to see me through a year......(dosko only uses 4 at a time..) and now the design has changed so i cannot even sell them as was the original plan.....But Rolla....you really are negative...chill man!!

I just bought a new Morbark D52SP. All the new Morbark grinders come with these wheels. I am having a problem with my poly chain belt breaking (2 in 13 hours). I don't know if it is a problem with the machine itself or if the wheel is to aggressive for the belt. The factory says that the belt has to be tightened using a sonic tensioning meter to get the proper tension so the belt does not break. Still waiting on my dealer to get one. Other than the belt the machine and wheel to a very good job. I hope they get it fixed soon.

Back