MUST READ - THREADS MUST CONTAIN MANUAL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanK

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
This is a forum dedicated to chainsaw and equipment manuals. This is not a request forum. Requests in this forum are not allowed.

Each new thread should be titled as:

"Make" "Model" "Manual Year" Manual

Example: Stihl MS 500i 2019 Manual

You must attach the manual to your new thread. Any thread without an attached manual will be removed.

Without a means of searching for the manual or organising it in sub headings of brands and then an order from small to large cc, for example, this part of the forum will be a complete mess and unusable.

If you notice the search icon gives you the option of searching this thread. Just put in 500i and the first post here pops right up.

Manuals listed in this thread are easily searchable.

If you notice the search icon gives you the option of searching this thread. Just put in 500i and the first post here pops right up.

Manuals listed in this thread are easily searchable.
I don’t seem to have any other search function than the generic for the forum which doesn’t work for just manuals. I’m on a mobile, are you on a laptop?

This is what my phone looks like. If you could direct me that would be great

I don’t seem to have any other search function than the generic for the forum which doesn’t work for just manuals. I’m on a mobile, are you on a laptop?

This is what my phone looks like. If you could direct me that would be great

Select search 'This Thread'.

You searched 'Threads'.

Thanks Del, I don’t have “this thread” as an option, instead “this forum” seems to “work”.

However even something as slight as a gap between words e.g if the title is written as

Stihl MS500i

and you search with a gap between ms & 500i like this it doesn’t work

Stihl MS 500i

Or lower case won’t find it.

Stihl ms500i

I’ll stick with the beg for manuals thread, but appreciate your time none the less.

But since this is a new forum and the request has been to start a new thread for each manual,

you would be selecting 'Search this forum'.

I’ll stick with the beg for manuals thread, but appreciate your time none the less.

Yes but your request will result is someone other than you searching their hard drive and then attaching the file to their posting.

Something you could do for yourself if the concept of this new forum works out.

Searching the 'beg for manuals' thread would be a good idea, too.

Always remember:

This forum was created for users and instruction manuals as the announcement on top of the page says. In most cases it is forbitten by copyright law to share dealer specific service manuals and other things. This is also valid for the beg for manuals thread. Disregard of copyright related things can be really expensive.

Always remember:

This forum was created for users and instruction manuals as the announcement on top of the page says. In most cases it is forbitten by copyright law to share dealer specific service manuals and other things. This is also valid for the beg for manuals thread. Disregard of copyright related things can be really expensive.
Yes this could be a problem. That's why the beg for manuals thread is better. Usually a private pm between the giver and requester.

Always remember:

I've just checked my manuals and they don't say they can't be distributed/shared. Do you have something that states otherwise? Also I have never heard of any manufacturers suing people for wanting a manual to a product they own. That would be a very bad bit of PR..

Yes, you can search just this forum and you can search by title too. So narrowing down should be easy.

I have never had an issue with manuals getting flagged for copyright violations. Even if a manufacture did, there is a mechanism they have go through first before legal action. Otherwise, forums would be sued left and right for copyright issues. I could see if you started charging people for manuals but manufactures usually want them out there as much as possible so they are not fielding support tickets of people requesting them.

Yes, you can search just this forum and you can search by title too. So narrowing down should be easy.

I have never had an issue with manuals getting flagged for copyright violations. Even if a manufacture did, there is a mechanism they have go through first before legal action. Otherwise, forums would be sued left and right for copyright issues. I could see if you started charging people for manuals but manufactures usually want them out there as much as possible so they are not fielding support tickets of people requesting them.
The issue I've run into using the search function is the inability to use 2 and 3 character search terms. For instance, how do I search for anything related to a stihl 029?

The issue I've run into using the search function is the inability to use 2 and 3 character search terms. For instance, how do I search for anything related to a stihl 029?
I just tried stihl 029 in the chainsaw forum and got a ton of results. I didn't try anything specific like stihl 029 clutch cover.

I just tried stihl 029 in the chainsaw forum and got a ton of results. I didn't try anything specific like stihl 029 clutch cover.
I stand corrected. I haven't used the search for that purpose since back in the summer. I would get a message saying something like "too few characters".

I just tried it again and it worked fine......

I withdraw my complaint.

I stand corrected. I haven't used the search for that purpose since back in the summer. I would get a message saying something like "too few characters".

I just tried it again and it worked fine......

I withdraw my complaint.

If there are any other technical limitations you have experienced, let me know. You can modify this software pretty easy if there is not already a solution.

If there are any other technical limitations you have experienced, let me know. You can modify this software pretty easy if there is not already a solution.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind if the need arises but this site runs pretty well.

Altough, thinking about it, what would it take to embed video and messages from other sites, such as telegram, gab, Rumble and bitchute, etc, the same way as youtube and twitter? As it is, if I find a video that I want to repost, I have to download the mp4, upload to an online converter, convert to .mov, download again to my device and once more upload to this site.

Just a thought.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back