My 041 super drama

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastLeo151

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have been running my 041 super lately for my firewood saw It has been running great until today, I set it down between cuts and noticed the unstable idle. I immediately shut it down and let it cool off. When I tore it down I found the muffler was cracked and only held on by one bolt, the intake was also loose. I fixed all those issues and it still didn't hold a even idle. I then tore it down again and pressure tested it and found the PTO oil seal was leaking next to the worm gear. I got the seal changed out and now it seems to have a very tiny leak between the worm gear and the crank.I tried two different worm gears with the same results. Will the pressure from the sprocket assembly keep that from leaking?

Thanks,
Andy

I have been running my 041 super lately for my firewood saw It has been running great until today, I set it down between cuts and noticed the unstable idle. I immediately shut it down and let it cool off. When I tore it down I found the muffler was cracked and only held on by one bolt, the intake was also loose. I fixed all those issues and it still didn't hold a even idle. I then tore it down again and pressure tested it and found the PTO oil seal was leaking next to the worm gear. I got the seal changed out and now it seems to have a very tiny leak between the worm gear and the crank.I tried two different worm gears with the same results. Will the pressure from the sprocket assembly keep that from leaking?

Thanks,
Andy

No, but those little seals are easy to find & replace, they are #9643 003 1160

Back