My 044 was stolen this weekend!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto on learning from this- "What doesn't defeat me makes me stronger"

It's true but probably doesn't make you feel any better.

sucks

That sucks man.....the hard working man always gets the chitty:censored: end of the deal.good luck....i will keep my eyes open as well.

aggiewoodbutchr said:
One day he will get what's comin' to 'em. I hope he looses a nut to a broken chain.:angry:

Whoever took that saw didn't have nuts.

Fred

coveredinsap said:
Bummer.

I carry a few 4' - 6' lengths of heavy duty chain, each draped over the lumber rack and secured with a padlock. If I've got anything in the bed of the truck (or on the rack, such as ladders), ....compressor, saws, chainsaws, whatever...and I need to step away from the truck, I loop the chain thru the item(s) and padlock them to the rack. While it may not stop someone determined (and armed with a big pair of bolt cutters) for more than a few seconds, it most definitely seems to put the whammy on the much more common sneak thief and/or crankster.

The hard part is making myself take the time to lock the item(s) up.
Good idea, I got an Abus padlock, they are like a circle, the hasp is hard to get at. I also got an Abus chain, the lock hasp and the chain are case hardened steel, bolt cutters will not cut them. Thefts like this are one of opportunity, drug addicts, usually, driving around looking for easy pickings. Many times if you are waiting for something (tire getting fixed, woman getting your groceries, etc.) if you look around discreetly you can see these types lurking, waiting for a chance to pinch something and run off. Mother------

Hate to hear that someone stole your saw. I'll tell you, there's nothing worse than being stolen from. When I was a kid someone stole two different Nolan Ryan rookie cards from me. I think Karma did bite them in the but. Last time I saw the person who I figured did it, he was digging ditches by hand to lay municipal waterlines.

On a side note, my great great grandpaw Fishhook had a sayin, "A lock is just something to keep an honest man honest." Ponder that one for a minute.

All I know is sometimes I wonder what it's like to be without a concious.

Last edited:
Back