My 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjh245

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 100% stock 359. I have been running a 20 inch bar on the saw with a 3/8 pitch chain. I like the saw more than my 575xp. It is light but has the power for 90% of the jobs I do. I have really thinking about getting a 372 but the wife does not understand why i need a another saw. So I guess that will not happen.
Here is the question...
If i have mods done to my 359 what could i expect to gain? Who out there does a good job? I woudl like to have the work done by someone on AS. What would i expect to pay? It is worth it? I was thinking about having it ported and the muffler opened up.
Please share any ideas...
Thanks
Rob

PS it is a E tech saw

Talk to Rahtreelimbs (Rich) about the muffler, he has modded the E-tech muffler before with good results and can talk you through resetting the carb after. Very reasonable cost for the work involved!

And if you want more take to EHP, he is getting good gains on the 359s. Don't think you will need a stock 70cc saw when a modded 60cc saw will cut as well at less weight.

OK i sent a PM to EHP. Does anyone out there own a 359 that has any mods?
If so what are they? What was the cost? Do you think it was work the money?

rjh245 said:
OK i sent a PM to EHP. Does anyone out there own a 359 that has any mods?
If so what are they? What was the cost? Do you think it was work the money?

I just purchased a 359 last month. I sent rahtreelimbs ( Rich Hoffman) my e-tech muffler to be modded. I just got it back today from him and the work is outstanding. He did an awesome job and has a great reputation (just check out the "new AS sponsor" sticky at the top of the chainsaw forum! I was impressed with the saw before, so I can't wait to see how much it better it runs. Not to mention, how much cooler the engine will run which equals longevity to me! Send him a PM, it is money well spent!

That e-tech cat muffler runs hot, just thinking of the heat kept in and against the piston burns me.

Latest posts

Back