My 9 saw plan itchin for wood!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grantwolland

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I say nine even though there is only seven pictured. I have a white top 50 Rancher and 23 Compact getting finished up at the bar in the basement. Nine saw plan as the L65, 5200, and 655 BP all need final tuning in wood worthy of them.
DSCN3403_zps806357c4.jpg

the 2150 hasn't even broken in the rings after porting and the 3500 needs ran after installing the bigger intake and carb on it along with the muff mod.
DSCN3402_zpsf9700d40.jpg

DSCN3401_zpsed8ffaa8.jpg

after i see how they all run I'll have to whittle it down...what do you think will perservere?
As soon as this crazy weather here stays steady and dry I've got a couple of hedge trees to take down over a food plot. Nothin like the hard wood!

I only saw one saw - was there another one there beyond the 655? Never mind, it wouldn't matter anyway.

well between that and the 2100...

yeah i know i'm looking forward to running both the 655 and the 5200 as ive heard nothing but good about them...however, i love running the 2100 just to make my grin bigger and everyone else put their homeowner saws back in the trucks...she gets stronger every tank i run thru it!

Crowd at stadium

One side ... BOOST!!!

other side....PORT!!!

BOOST PORT!!! BOOST PORT!!! BOOST PORT!!!

when i got the 655 off of craigslist, it had no decals on the upper handle part as it had been replaced(still had the part number tag on it) thats why its black and probably not grey. I surmise the owner dropped something on it as the footpad was also broken. so when i bought decals to put on it i picked and chose the pro 655 for the recoil side and the 655 BP decals for the clutch side...just so there is no confusion on what model it is. never been daring enough to try and put finger ports on any of my saws. we'll see if its worth the effort. however like my op said yesterday was sunny calm and 60...now it snowing cats and dogs...gotta love Illinois weather!
1202121439_zps3127c616.jpg

1202121439b_zps6bc1fe18.jpg

when i got the 655 off of craigslist, it had no decals on the upper handle part as it had been replaced(still had the part number tag on it) thats why its black and probably not grey. I surmise the owner dropped something on it as the footpad was also broken. so when i bought decals to put on it i picked and chose the pro 655 for the recoil side and the 655 BP decals for the clutch side...just so there is no confusion on what model it is. never been daring enough to try and put finger ports on any of my saws. we'll see if its worth the effort. however like my op said yesterday was sunny calm and 60...now it snowing cats and dogs...gotta love Illinois weather!

Those are some sexy saws! On my short CAD list to be sure...

yeah i know i'm looking forward to running both the 655 and the 5200 as ive heard nothing but good about them...however, i love running the 2100 just to make my grin bigger and everyone else put their homeowner saws back in the trucks...she gets stronger every tank i run thru it!

Since your big Husky is an XP (I see "XP" on the AF cover), it's a 2101XP and not a 2100CD (unless it just has a 2101 AF cover swapped on). Same basic saw (with minor differences) either way. I'm having a tough time seeing any saws in those pics other than the 2101XP (or 2100CD), the 655BP, and that NICE 5200 (although the 3500 and L65 look great and are good saws).:D

I wish my 2100CD and 5200 were as nice as yours..................and that I had a nice 655BP sitting next to them. That's a good load of saws you have there. Keep the 'big three' for sure. Keep the 3500 and the L65 too. Maybe keep the DolKita to use with the 3500 to save some 'wear and tear' on the other saws.:cheers:

Last edited:
It'll be tough for sure!

Having to decide will be hard! I certainly dont need them all in the running stable. The L65 should probably go downstairs behind the bar but she's ported and running an 8 pin rim on a 20" bar...I want to see what it can do. I think I may put the ported 84cc BB kit on the makita just for kicks! the 3500 hopefully will be like my Craftsman badged one I had as it would beat my buddies MS360 Pro! Its such a light chassis! And for the record the Air Filter cover is off a 2101 (I Guess it came with the saw) cause the chassis is a 1979. Even though I completely rebuilt it.

Back