My Chainsaw Pet Peeves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know why that guy's a peeve my bone stock 250cbe with a 48" bar is the quickest hot sow I ever dun run !!!!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

When you try to remove the powerhead from a stuck saw, and you drop the circlip but didn't see where.

Likewise, when installing a piston and the e-clip goes flying through a worm hole never to be found again.
After losing a bar mount nut right after Hurricane Ike and begging a landscaper to sell one of the last stock he had just purchased, I now keep spare nuts and cir-clips in my saw box.

All of the above but add: People who don't wear a single article of PPE when running a saw... Kills me...

Yes, lets have saw chips in the eyes.. watch me be cool and one-hand a saw when bucking.. that log won't drop and pinch the top of that bar and toss the saw back at you.. And put your gloveless hand 2 inches from the clutch to block the saw chips from flying into your unprotected eyes and face.... So ****** cool I can hardly stand it....

And then there are the ones who cut wearing shorts and sandals...

Saws are a wonderful tool, but they have seriously hurt alot of people over the years, almostl exclusively due to no PPE... Ya gotta respect em enough to protect yourself.. We are human, and we make mistakes.

Would anyone here go up in a bucket truck with no fall restraint system?? I don't. Would you use cutting torches without torching safety glasses or shield?? I don't. Would you go out on a boat with no life jacket?? I don't. Would you fire a S&W 460 Mag with no ear or eye protection?? I certainly don't.

All of the above but add: People who don't wear a single article of PPE when running a saw... Kills me...

Yes, lets have saw chips in the eyes.. watch me be cool and one-hand a saw when bucking.. that log won't drop and pinch the top of that bar and toss the saw back at you.. And put your gloveless hand 2 inches from the clutch to block the saw chips from flying into your unprotected eyes and face.... So ****** cool I can hardly stand it....

And then there are the ones who cut wearing shorts and sandals...

Saws are a wonderful tool, but they have seriously hurt alot of people over the years, almostl exclusively due to no PPE... Ya gotta respect em enough to protect yourself.. We are human, and we make mistakes.

Would anyone here go up in a bucket truck with no fall restraint system?? I don't. Would you use cutting torches without torching safety glasses or shield?? I don't. Would you go out on a boat with no life jacket?? I don't. Would you fire a S&W 460 Mag with no ear or eye protection?? I certainly don't.
Well said sir

The things that I find most annoying about chainsaws.........

The one thing I find most annoying about chainsaws, and that's most of them, is they leak bar oil all over the place. Old ones, new ones, don't matter. They still leave a puddle of oil when I set them down for a while. You'd think that with all the technology we have nowadays, they could figure out how to build a saw that doesn't leak.

I hate when your limbing and tiny little stick gets stuck on your chain and you are just a little to late noticing. I also can't stand people who think they are to cool for ppe and then have pictures of them working in there company adds.

Saw pet peeves
When you are watching someone cut and you know the bar is going to get stuck
People who call chains blades
Any poulan saw sold at Walmart
Guys who don't adjust carburetors for temperature
Guys who put a 24 inch bar on a 50cc saw and show it off cutting green pine ;)
Guys moving the saw like a hacksaw when cutting
People who sharpen chains with an angle grinder
Guys who spend an hour perfectly hand filing a chain and don't touch the rakers
Guys who grind the rakers all the way down
Guys that use used engine oil as bar oil AND as premix oil. Thank you previous employer who showed me that
Guys that use EITHER to start a saw that needs attention
Last but not least, guys who tell other people they are idiots for running a certain brand of saw

The one thing I find most annoying about chainsaws, and that's most of them, is they leak bar oil all over the place. Old ones, new ones, don't matter. They still leave a puddle of oil when I set them down for a while. You'd think that with all the technology we have nowadays, they could figure out how to build a saw that doesn't leak.

^^^^^this :bowdown:

I have never had success with ETHER to start any kind of gas engine... a bit of gas works far better.
I apologize for the typo in ether, dont really know how to use my phone. Yes gas works better but i just had to post about ether, seems its used for starting everything for some.

Latest posts

Back