My cool old saw.....What color SHOULD it be?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaszer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I got this from work..(they were going to pitch it)....Looks to be a 20 inch bar, 230 volt saw....
P1010006-3.jpg

P1010004-1.jpg

P1010003-2.jpg

P1010003-2.jpg

p1010001-4.jpg

That is a very interesting piece you have there. I knew Homelite had made some electric saws in the early days but this is the first one I have ever seen. From the link that Chris J. posted it looks like you saw was originally bare aluminum, no paint on it. Guess that means the color pallet is completely open to what ever color you want, or restore it back to original and make it a wall hanger.

CAD now requires that you find a generator to run it. :msp_lol:

Mr. HE:cool:

Raw

it looks like you saw was originally bare aluminum, no paint on it.

Raw alum would be sweet with a bit of an oiled finish to keep the oxidation at bay.

Just my 2 cents...either way that thing is raw no matter what color it is!

That is the best reply a guy could ask for!!!! As for finding a generator....I'm not done cleaning yet....Anything is possible!!!

Well fellas.........I tried, but I didnt find a generator.....I FOUND 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 215846

Very cool to have a matching Generator! Make the one run, and save the other for parts, but, if you ever should find the need to sell the piston and cylinder from one, I'd like to have them! Make sure the generator makes the same current as the saw uses!
Igpoe:cheers:

Very amazing find! I love vintage homies and have never seen an electric one. Can't wait til you get 'er all restored!! Just don't forget to post pics for all of us to drool over!!

Yes, they came from work...They were sending a bunch of old stuff to auction and I offered to buy them before they went too....My boss said"we wont get anything for them anyways , so just take 'em" Who am I to argue???????:D

thats a sweet lookin' saw

if need be you can always "single phase" it to make sure it works
also,(to state the obvious) if you have not done it yet check the output of the generator(s) BEFORE hooking anything to it...

Back