My echo cs60s saw project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replacing the needle might help. They can be purchased separately. Carb kits (for the Tillotson HS) are readily available - repair kits include the needle, I believe.

Replacing the needle might help. They can be purchased separately. Carb kits (for the Tillotson HS) are readily available - repair kits include the needle, I believe.
So eBay probably has them? This carb is called a HS?

Hs25a something. I'm going to look for a complete replacement

Attachments

• P_20180910_002933_p.jpg
    P_20180910_002933_p.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
Here is the full repair kit for that carb.
https://www.amazon.com/Carburetor-R...ie=UTF8&qid=1536682795&sr=8-1&keywords=rk23hs

All the seals, rubber parts, AND the welch plugs, screens, needle, spring (IIRC), and lever.

Be careful when taking out the small screen (under the small welch plug). There is a very small clip holding the screen in place. You will need this clip for reassembly, so don't lose it.

Break it all the way down and blow it out with carb cleaner. Possibly soak it in mix for a few days, then blow it out with carb cleaner and reassemble.

I have attached the service manual for the HS series carbs. It is full of useful information.

Attachments

• techinfo_hs_eur.pdf
    825.4 KB · Views: 4
Here is the full repair kit for that carb.
https://www.amazon.com/Carburetor-R...ie=UTF8&qid=1536682795&sr=8-1&keywords=rk23hs

All the seals, rubber parts, AND the welch plugs, screens, needle, spring (IIRC), and lever.

Be careful when taking out the small screen (under the small welch plug). There is a very small clip holding the screen in place. You will need this clip for reassembly, so don't lose it.

Break it all the way down and blow it out with carb cleaner. Possibly soak it in mix for a few days, then blow it out with carb cleaner and reassemble.

I have attached the service manual for the HS series carbs. It is full of useful information.
I'll try to get it done soon. I don't have alot of time lately. The manual has a pretty detailed breakdown of the carb. Since it appears to leak out of the needles i think someone over tightened the needles

I noticed when I first got the saw something gummed up on the needles and I tore it down most of the way. Then it leaked when I put it back together. So I did the same thing they did. A light coat of sealant on the threads to stop the leaking.

Back