My first Husky, 372XPG pics man, PICS!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Junk total JUNK!!!! send it to me for proper disposal:hmm3grin2orange:!!
I dunno if you'd recycle it properly:D

Some of the tanks turned a darker color with age.

That makes sense to me after I discoverd it wasn't replaced after the bars were bent.

Yes it does but I think some of what we are seeing is a result of the color correction in the camera.

There is this same saw in a Jonsered and it is all red. The tanks will interchange

No, the tank really is that color. That's what got my attention.

its a 2003 model, nice saw

Thanks for dating it for me! And after tearing into it, I think it is a better saw than it first appeared. Just a few repairs to make:)

That pocket on the tank is for a very short anti-vibe spring that Husqvarna no longer uses. I have an old 371xp (predecessor to the 372) that actually has the screw. I have messed with 3 other saws on that chassis and none had the spring, doses't even show up in IPLs. For some reason, Husqvarna quit using that spring after the early 371 but kept the mold in the tank.

I suspect that the "off-color" tank may have to do with that they were supposed to be semi-transparent, so it probably is a different kind of plastic - but I have never seen one that looks like this one....

That's it!! My 372 has that tank and it has always looked different and they also darken with age.

064AV Clean the cracks with some high pressure brake parts cleaner than with a soldering iron melt the plastic back together.

Thanks Wendell

Axelrod74: Thanks, that pocket looked purposeful especially since that screw looked like it was meant to fit a small, precise hole.

No scoring! Doesn't look like much wear either
attachment.php

So far it needs...a decomp valve, 2 screws, 2 wire repairs, tank repair, and a cleaning :) I'll see how the bars respond to straightening, but I'm not gonna jeaprodize heated handlebars.

Clean the cracks with some high pressure brake parts cleaner than with a soldering iron melt the plastic back together.

Idk if that would be adequate...but that reminds...how about plastic welding? Is that a kind of plastic that can be bonded similar to how pvc can be cemented or model car plastic can be fused?

I can't stand dirty saws like that. It would drive me crazy to work on it without cleaning it first.
You can probably find a tank pretty cheap if you hunt around on ebay and wait for the right deal.

Tanks are 'see through' so you can see your fuel level. A different plastic composition and seems to change over time. Could also be that certain fuel mixes stain (or they all do) and you are seeing that through your tank.

Well, that's a good solid 9 on the "you suck" 0 meter! Misses a 10 because you have to clean it and do some minor repairs.

Really, 125 clameronis...it's like you bought a large mount bar and a loop, and got a free saw thrown in!

almondgt : that did seem odd to me. I wasn't sure if that was normal for a husky, but I do wanna put one on

Well, that's a good solid 9 on the "you suck" 0 meter! Misses a 10 because you have to clean it and do some minor repairs.

Really, 125 clameronis...it's like you bought a large mount bar and a loop, and got a free saw thrown in!

Yeah, I honestly didn't know anything about a 372 when I bought it, but now I'm realizing just how good a deal it really was :)

Idk if that would be adequate...but that reminds...how about plastic welding? Is that a kind of plastic that can be bonded similar to how pvc can be cemented or model car plastic can be fused?

What I described is plastic welding, I've done it many times and it works well and it will be strong, far better than any plastic cement. You can also add some plastic as you weld for added strength..:cheers:

Great find on a nice husky. You will be glad to have one. However Husqvarna may not be around for much longer. I was talking to a stihl rep at a trade show and he mentioned the new stihl saws were selling like hotcakes. He assured me when I mentioned I was thinking of buying a husky that they would SOON be obsolete. He wasnt sure if Stihl was just running them out of the USA or if Husqvarna would give up selling saws altogether. Oh well, husky parts will be on Ebay for quiet a while. Makes me wonder which brand of saw to buy next? Good luck with the husky.

That Stihl guy forgot to take his lithium?
- - - - - -
Use string trimmer line for welding filler when welding the tanks

What I described is plastic welding, I've done it many times and it works well and it will be strong, far better than any plastic cement. You can also add some plastic as you weld for added strength..:cheers:

I meant no offense, but I haven't seen a good example of it. Is there a particular technique? Or just be sure to get good "penetration" and make a quality weld? You and w8ye have sold me on this solution. I'll get some trimmer line and practice before I attack the tank :msp_biggrin:

Great find on a nice husky. You will be glad to have one. However Husqvarna may not be around for much longer. ...or if Husqvarna would give up selling saws altogether. Good luck with the husky.

Thanks! Idk about what that Stihl guy said...

That Stihl guy forgot to take his lithium?
- - - - - -
Use string trimmer line for welding filler when welding the tanks

That would explain such crazy talk! :D
I was wondering where I'd get filler rod!! Awesome. Between you and Andyshine77 I'll definately be welding that tank

View attachment 220918 This one is a2004. Husky made a transparent tank for a time probably because Stihl came out with them. I broke the handle on this one a month after I got it a stick came in the cab of the skidder. Used a coat hanger and plastic epoxy to put it together been fine ever since. Just use this saw in the winter besides bars and chains the only thing I have ever replaced on this saw is a clutch drum and some starter ropes.

Great find on a nice husky. You will be glad to have one. However Husqvarna may not be around for much longer. I was talking to a stihl rep at a trade show and he mentioned the new stihl saws were selling like hotcakes. He assured me when I mentioned I was thinking of buying a husky that they would SOON be obsolete. He wasnt sure if Stihl was just running them out of the USA or if Husqvarna would give up selling saws altogether. Oh well, husky parts will be on Ebay for quiet a while. Makes me wonder which brand of saw to buy next? Good luck with the husky.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::monkey:

Back