My first porting job,carb question??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rooster68

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ijust ported my 036Pro,i decided to put a carb kit in it(its 11 yrs old)to make sure my tuning is smooth going, i replaced gaskets,pump diaphram and inlet needle, lever that holds needle and spring,when i go to start my saw today it seemed flooded,took a minute to clean up then she runs like a beast,my new inlet needle and lever looked exactly the same as old one,Did i need to adjust them some how,seems to be letting in raw fuel when it sits over night.thanx in advance..

If this was the first time you fired it up could it be the assembly lube burning off? How did it start after the initial start-up? Metering-height could be high.

No first start up was last night,started 3rd pull last night, it flooded out then put new plug in ,started right up adjusted carb, sounded good,put it on shelf, till today when i got home,started first pull,its never started on first pull when cold before,but it did today?but was loaded up pretty good till she cleaned up then idled fine good trigger response..

When replacing carb diaphrams you need to make sure you adjust your needle to the type of diaphram. I have noticed the old kits have a nipple in the middle of the diaphram and the new one are flat. The lever needs adjusting to match the kit.

Ive been searchin how to do that adjustment,i have no special carb adjustment tools, any help wood be greatly appreciated

Im gonna guess the metering lever was too high,the lever from my carb kit was flush with the carb sides,i put my old needle and lever in and measured,it was .009 below so thats what i adjusted my new one to be.took her out in the garage and she fired right up, idled good rightaway,gonna leave her sit till after work tommorow and start her up and readjust carb.its a zama carb i threw the paper away that had the numbers on it, cant see numbers with carb installed.thanx

I see a lot of new metering levers that just don't adjust right. The problem seems to be the stamping is off a bit. You can adjust the height but the needle is still incorrect. Put your old one back in and see if that cures it.

Latest posts

Back