My Forestry Tools

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tenderfoot

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So472XQ.jpg
All my tools. Saws are a Husqvarna 50 special, dolmar 6100, Makita 7900, and Husqvarna 576. Got my felling axe (old plumb I think), husqvarna Carpenters axe (for carving), tomahawk, and splitting axe. Pulp hook, cant hook, and pickeroon (all made by Peavey mfg in Maine). Pickeroon and pulp hook are for handling firewood. You use the pickeroon to pick up small pieces so you do not have to bend over. You use the cant hook to lift larger rounds, protects your fingers on the lower end and makes tossing them easier. I use the cant hook when bucking firewood, you can roll the logs to make cutting easier. The tool bag is packed with random handy things like files and wedges. Ammo can has spare chains. Rope is for pulling if I have to, as is the come along. Always have to wear boots, chaps and a hard hat when your cutting. Beats an ER trip. And you have to have the bar oil and gas, too.

fvUdpqi.jpg

Better picture of the axes, I made the tomahawk from an old file and some mild steel. Handle is from a busted up mattock I found.

pa1h3Is.jpg

Contents of the bag. Wedges, files, carb tools, screwdrivers, screnches, multi tools, gloves, spare spark plug and bar nuts, israeli bandages & quick clot, log tape, diameter tape, 2 stroke oil, file guides and a few other small things like ear plugs.49r7OOW.jpg
Better picture of the contents. Spare chain, tool for changing clutches, ignition. Switch and the files & guides.

Hw261T0.jpg

Files, wedges, and multi tools. Better glimpse of the log tape. I wrap the end in electrical tape so it does not snap as easily if I let it slip while it is rewinding itself.

NaNRiIW.jpg

Carb tools. The hemostat makes changing fuel lines and filters easier.

Nice. So do u take all this when u go cutting wood? Also how much wood cutting do u do?
Nope, I usually only have one saw, maybe two and one axe, always the bag and PPE. Rope and come along sometimes. Dont bring the pick often, nor the pulp hook, those are usually only for firewood at home.

I do a lot. Work seasonally for an arborist as a groundie and also do about 100 cord a year of firewood. I sometimes do more, sometimes less. Trying to get back into proper logging but there is not a lot of work left in the north east.

Latest posts

Back