What have you bought that you did not need/use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Firewood related of course. I have a couple things.
-Mingo marker.
-(2) LogRite feet for a cant hook and peavy, to raise a log off the ground.
-Husqvarna file guide
TW-6 (sort of...)
-ms 661
-Fiskers splitting ax
-Husqvarna saw case (That got repurposed for straps, clevises, come-along for the pickup)
I'm sure there is much more, but I don't keep the stuff around to remind me, except the saw and the LogRite feet.
I've used them all, just not for very long.

Yea got a MS660 that don't get used much. Nice for flush cutting big stumps. Bucking big logs is really nice too. Was gonna use for a mill. Never bought the Alaskan mill.

Pickaroon also. Made one. Used it a bit, then picked another on sale that I keep on splitter. I don't cut much wood that goes in pickup. Most in logs at home now. Cut and roll em to splitter.

Stupid Husky hardhat. Really got it for the muffs and visor...my boy likes playing with it now.

Heres one - For 50.00 I bought a 10 hp craftsman track drive snowblower - threw the blower part away, it was kind of shot anyway - I mounted a trailer ball where the blower was, making a power trailer dolly. Hope was it would move my Eastonmade splitter from pile to pile etc - On flat dry ground it works o.k. - Up a grade or bad traction i'ts no go. Splitter is just too heavy. So, mostly the dolly sits under a shed waiting to get repurposed into something else. Theres no moving an Eastonmade around without a power source - They are just plain heavy.

I have a ton of saws I dont regularly use, mostly old saws. But I could give up the 394xp, the little stihl top handle saws, think it's an 015L. There are plenty others as well, that may be hitting the pike. Countless mauls and axes that dont get used. Steel splitting wedges, especially the 4 way one, I find it to be particularly useless. All the dumb little hand file angle guides I have. Never found them to be much of any use in practice. Oh a 8hp craftsman wood "chipper". Feels like your sharpening pencils all day with the "chipper" side of it, although the flail end does work well on bark and little twigs and leaves.

This firewood hook. Last time I used it was to find a buried pet fence wire and it worked great for that.

Hook

I have a ton of saws I dont regularly use, mostly old saws. But I could give up the 394xp, the little stihl top handle saws, think it's an 015L. There are plenty others as well, that may be hitting the pike. Countless mauls and axes that dont get used. Steel splitting wedges, especially the 4 way one, I find it to be particularly useless. All the dumb little hand file angle guides I have. Never found them to be much of any use in practice. Oh a 8hp craftsman wood "chipper". Feels like your sharpening pencils all day with the "chipper" side of it, although the flail end does work well on bark and little twigs and leaves.
Why do you need to spend time chipping bark and little twigs and leaves? I ain’t got time for that.

A 1983 F-150. Two wheel drive, got it last october so in addition to being my 4th pickup truck it will be sitting until the ice melts. Thought it could be a parts rig for my '82 four wheel drive, but this one is way too nice to part out, only got 75k! Also made the mistake of sending the wife a picture of it after i bought it and wrote "Got you a birthday present!"

Little saws I see no value in. Any thing from 60 CC and under. Why did I spend more than ten minutes on a Stihl MS 270 that is because my father asked me to make it run. Of course there is my Ex wife from forty years ago as she never brought much value. Thanks

I just bought a gas powered pole saw. But idk y after looking around and seeing all the ash trees that have been cut down in the last year. I won't be cutting trees down for a while. The fiskars one got dull and is tough to use sometimes. A 70cc saw would have been a better investment I have LOTS of logs to cut up.

Latest posts

Back