What did you buy yourself today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the quality is sure getting worse. Battery recip lasted 2 weeks and pieces fell out of the nose cone. Hammer drill went up in a puff of smoke 2 minutes into a job. Battery impact end fell off. Dealer says they are hving some Quality issues.
That's because Dewalt sends all their "seconds" to Canada... ha ha ha

SR

Marine, I bought the Dewalt one last week. 1st day in my pouch and I cut my wrist on the paw. Had a little rough burr on it from factory. They are a handy item to have around, not that I ever make mistakes it's for pulling other people's nails out. We use a lot of Dewalt tools at work, but the quality is sure getting worse. Battery recip lasted 2 weeks and pieces fell out of the nose cone. Hammer drill went up in a puff of smoke 2 minutes into a job. Battery impact end fell off. Dealer says they are hving some Quality issues. Good warranty but that doesn't get the job done or pay for lost time. At least Estwing tools are still good. Had a few issues with rust under the handle though and the handles slide off.
Like everything, getting cheaper and cheaper (made I mean). I have the usual big crow bars and the handy flat shim style ones, but like you say, Other people's lack of planning or mistakes, then I need to repair or fix. I just wish the previous owner/builder went with screws around this hacked-in door frame. makes it so much easier to undo.
I'll post some pics of the reno along the way.
Going to use the nice weather to get outdoor Fall jobs done first, like leaf blowing with my new cordless leaf blower.

841821016821_ca.jpg

With a little effort I bought myself peace of mind getting some junk cleaned up.
The good stuff, 180-4'er, and close to 100-8'ers, went out to the road with a free sign to be repurposed by whom ever.
Made the boxes out of junk, wet osb and a couple pallets.
Several buckets of bolts, nuts, washers and 3" x 3' x 1/4" angle.
Of 100 built, I kept eight. Sold some, gave some away, and the rest turned to crap. Just looking at old pictures... The angled legs so they would nest together was a nice touch. Oh well...IMG_3196.jpgIMG_3208.jpgIMG_3598.jpg IMG_3632.jpgIMG_3631.jpg Replaced by this... And when the wood is delivered, I have a few stacks of empty skids, until they are reused, instead of a 1/4 acre of empty racks.IMG_3620.jpgIMG_3449.jpg

Marine, I spoke too soon. I was putting garage trusses up by myself today and I broke my own rule. After you do the layout check your truss count to make sure you have enough. We usually allow one to go against the house but another crew laid out the trusses and I didn't count them until I was almost done. I also was smart enough to use screws to hold the trusses up, I also used the hanger nails. I was short one truss and had to take it back off. I also used 10 pcs of 5" spikes to nail the truss to the wall. I tried both of my nail pullers and no go the angle was too steep on the claws. 5" grinder to the rescue. I grounded them both to a point and they worked great. Now there are like razor blades but hopefully I won't have to use them for awhile.
IMG_20171019_170527.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171019_144746.jpg
    IMG_20171019_144746.jpg
    912.9 KB · Views: 13
Bought some 22lr and some .223
56feda2f85c6a791b2be7aa6d6bb05c9.jpg

I'm covered. I have had all sorts of wood pieces fly at me over the years. I don't like pain, or any kind of suffering or inconvenience. When I was young, I could cut an arm off and it would grow back. Now I am all about preserving what is left. Eyes seem like something worthy of keeping.
Those don't work very well when grinding metal....

Latest posts

Back