My "free" Husqvarna 2100 project is almost complete!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveinUT

Have gun, will travel
Reaction score
Just realized I never shared my last few months project with you guys. I got this 2100 for free, and it looked ROUGH. I wish I had taken "before" pics! It had almost no compression, and was covered in a layer of black gunk that was nearly baked on. I was told it had spent the last 20+ years sitting in a shed. I completely degreased it, rebuilt the top end, replaced the clutch drum and sprocket, crank seal on the drum side, oiler, fuel line and filter, ancient K&N filter, bar (thanks Jon1212!), had to run a good bit of diesel through the oil tank to un-gum the works, etc. So, so much for it being "free"! But, it was worth it to me. Only thing left to do is rebuild the carb and tune. But, it runs and idles pretty good considering the carb had horribly stale gas in it for over 20 years.
20150223_170832_zpsai0t1cba.jpg

20150223_170855_zpsnoiobigp.jpg

Is that your koosie cup on top? Nice work and runner hard.

Hahahaha!!! Yeah, you could say that! The saw already had the velocity stack on the carb, along with a nasty K&N. After I saw how much OEM air filters and covers are selling for on Fleabay, I decided to keep the V-stack and just replace the filter with a Uni.

Looks like she's ready to eat

Yeah, it's a beast. I had a juniper stump on the property that needed cut down, so I cut it with this saw. It was probably only 16" across, but it was a dense, hard stump. This saw blew through it like a hot knife through butter. I can't wait til I can get up in the mountains and cut some deadfall with it!

Very nice. I really enjoy the 2100 saws. Interested in size n brand of the filter and how you like it. I got a k & n one, then I got new stack that needs a filter.

I was at a bike shop this morning and no one could tell me where to get a velocity stack- they had the filters, but not the stack. Any idea where I can get one??
Great looking saw by the way.
Saw one for sale on ebay, but since I'm in the middle of doin a 288, i had to pass. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on one of those beasts!

I'm not sure how to make my own post but was wondering if anyone on here has any information on anyone who has a flywheel for an 064... P/N ending 1204

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to forum- trading post- want to buy. That should be a good start.

I have just recieved a family heirloom in an old 2100 I think I have it all ready to go except the rubber handle mounts I can't find them anywhere any suggestions ( I have a husq service shop close by who says they can't order them anymore )
Please help

Back