My home built forklift

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_dj1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I finally got around to making a couple of short videos of the Jacobson riding mower I converted to a little forklift. The tractor was given to me by a friends father about 3 years ago. It's a 1971 Jacobson, hydrostatic drive, 14 hp Kohler engine. It is really handy around the house. I have been using it quite a bit lately getting my firewood ready for the winter. It surprises me how much it will lift. Last night I sold a 8' Meyer C8 commercial grade snow plow, I tipped it onto a pallet and was able to pick it up, lift it high enough to let it on the tailgate of a 4x4 dodge truck. I was impressed! I take full size pallets and cut them in half, add some sides and stack wood in them. The pallets end up 2' x 4' by about 3' tall. Loaded with green wood I can't quite lift one but when it's dry they are no problem. My wood is cut approximately 24" - 28" long. Mostly Oak, Hickory and Maple with a little White Birch thrown in.
The hardest part was figuring out the proper geometry for the bell crank so the steering would work in the right direction and properly.
Enjoy

Latest posts

Back