my largest competitor claims to be an aborist, but he's not listed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeminator

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
on the ISA site. on his proposals and advertisements he claims to be a certified arborist. so i went to the ISA website and did a search under his name. it doesn't come up at all in the state of Florida. he has been servicing the contract here for 5 years which means he's not new to Florida.

is this the ONLY way to search for one? is there a way he might be certified under some other arborist orginization or is the ISA the only one who certifies?

here's the search site i went to and checked for his name:
http://www.isa-arbor.com/findArborist/findarborist.aspx

any help is appreciated. i'd love to burn his a$$ on this because the contract is worth $75,000 annually and they say they will choose him over me because he's an arborist.

thanks guys !

Last edited:
treeminator said:
on the ISA site. on his proposals and advertisements he claims to be a certified arborist. so i went to the ISA website and did a search under his name doesn't come up at all in the state of Florida. he has been servicing the contract here for 5 years which means he's not new to Florida.

is this the ONLY way to search for one? is there a way he might be certified under some other arborculture orginization or is the ISA the only one who certifies?

any help is appreciated. i'd love to burn his a$$ on this becaus ethe contract is worth $75,000 annually and they say they will choose him over me because he's an arborist.

thanks guys !
He probably doesn't scrounge scrap pvc pipe to use for screwing his customers, and probably has real climbers.

treeminator said:
on the ISA site. on his proposals and advertisements he claims to be a certified arborist. so i went to the ISA website and did a search under his name. it doesn't come up at all in the state of Florida. he has been servicing the contract here for 5 years which means he's not new to Florida.

is this the ONLY way to search for one? is there a way he might be certified under some other arborist orginization or is the ISA the only one who certifies?

any help is appreciated. i'd love to burn his a$$ on this because the contract is worth $75,000 annually and they say they will choose him over me because he's an arborist.

thanks guys !
Here we go again, perfect spot for me to take a shot at the ISA, might as well, Treeminator-the ISA will certify anyone, idiots to geniuses, you are good at BS, shouldn't be a problem for you. Then you can bring more abuse and mocking to them, perfect, as long as you pay them to wear thier colors.

Freakingstang said:
with real saws and ropes

Maybe when your sales/Clerk/stock boy came to his door he slipped up and mentioned the 5.00 he would get if he landed the job.

treeminator said:
can i get a serious answer please?

where can i verify his claim as an arborist besides the ISA site?

That is the only place.Maybe his climber is certified.Or his wife or brother in law.

Does he say he's an "ISA Certified Arborist"? Can you scan or quote his ad or letterhead here please?

If he calls himself that and is not, Get a copy of his ad and letterhead and send it to ISA. They will then send him a certified letter telling him to cease and desist or face legal action.

If he just calls himself an "arborist", he can. That word is not trademarked, just the phrase. If this is so, it could be that the city sees his practices as proven professional, despite the lack of certification.

If anyone has a better way to qualify arborists than what ISA is doing, let him take off his spikes and share his wisdom here and now:bowdown: .

why not take the ISA exam yourself? It is multiple choice, and one question usually will help answer another. The cost of the study guide and exam fee is nothing when it can help you obtain contracts.

DDM said:
That is the only place.Maybe his climber is certified.Or his wife or brother in law.

That is correct DDM, the owner of the business does not have to hold the certificate. A company can employ a Certified Arborist and bid on work that requires one. We employ 2 full time and 1 part time.

You are truly despicable. In one thread you want to know how to steal help. In another you brag about your burger flipper help. And in yet another how you pay 5 bucks for them to find the work so they can work. And now in this one you want to see if you can burn this guy because.... What you to big a loser to find your own work. Maybe if you paid for real help got a clue and stopped doing more harm then good your work would get you the work.:sucks:

treeminator said:

thanks guys !

What city is it treeminator? Maybe we could all help out by emailing them a few (or a whole novels worth) of your choice quotes. I bet that would seal the deal in a hurry. (for the other guy)

Probably much better for the city too. They wont have to worry about broken sprinkler systems, trees dropped on service lines, shortages of brown rope at home depot, and long drive thru lines at hardees.

Maybe you are not even aware, but it is nothing more than greed which drives you to employ the methods you brag here about using.

You claim to run a "efficent and profitable tree service". How efficent and profitable will it be when you can no longer get insurance?

Maybe you should focus on running a safe and sustainable tree service. You know, just for the sake of your crew and customers.

Note to mods: Not a bad idea with the disclaimer, but if treeminator is driven away, he will continue to endanger his minimum wage labor, and eventually get someone hurt, or worse. He really needs to learn that his "business model" is not the right way to do things.

Yeah, I know he's egotistical and hard headed......but maybe someone can break through sometime.

I would call the ISA. If I'm not mistaken, any time a certified arborist advertises that fact he must publish his certification number as well (or whatever that number is called). If he doesn't he's breaking the law even if he is certified. I need to take care of someone like that in my area too...Anyone ever heard of ????? Tree Service? They run five crews, but advertise that they're certified without showing a number, and they take other people's yard signs. Or so I've heard.

Maybe they have just seen your work and know you are not what they would consider an arborist. The quality of your employees reflects on the company. If they are happy with his work, I doubt finding out he isnt ISA certified will matter much. May cause a few issues but liekly he will just go and get ISA certified then all would be ok again.

I guess the rule of thumb here is if you cant beat them, then drag down to your own level and possibly have a chance.

Are you sure that ISA is the only place for certification?

I'm positive there are other arb colleges that gain cert status. What about the TCIA?

Ekka said:
Are you sure that ISA is the only place for certification?

I'm positive there are other arb colleges that gain cert status. What about the TCIA?

Some states have cert programs. Some colleges give arb degrees. TCIA registers companies.

I dont see your C.A. number your going to jail?
Quick lets all change our signatures.

I'd like to say treeman14 doesnt show his number and therefore should go to jail because he is currently advertising as a C.A. in FL but he doesnt show his number.

Latest posts

Back