My little Deere

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R Walter

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
This little beast comes in handy for getting to a bunch of Pinon and Juniper I've been cutting. I know a bunch of you have some big rigs. Anyone else familiar with the John Deere AMTs?

Apr06004.jpg

Smokindodgew101 said:
That's quite a load on that machine. How many CC's is it?

It's a circa 1986 powered by a 286cc Kawasaki engine, 18 hp-rated, as I recall. I rescued it 10 years or so ago from a hard life on a dairy over by Hobbs. After rebuilding the drive train, its run like a top. Deere made these 5 wheel designs up through about SN 11,000. This one's got a SN of 6,xxx. In the early '90s Deere went to the 2 wheel fronts with a steering wheel and bench seat and choice of 2 or 4 wheel drive in the rear. This one's got the 4 wheel continuous chain-driven rear. Pulls real well.

The rating is an 800lb on-board capacity. It's probably got 600 lbs in it; add my big a$$ and its over the 800 lbs for sure.

A new seat I priced years ago at $70, but why bother.

Neat machine, never seen a single front wheel model. I just comented on the load b/c if I have that kind of stack behind my old honda 250 3 wheeler life is interesting. Do you have trouble turning with the four wheel drive?

Nice Dodge ;) 24 valve?

Smokindodgew101 said:
Do you have trouble turning with the four wheel drive?

Nice Dodge ;) 24 valve?

It kind of wants to keep going straight if I'm on uneven ground where there's not much weight on th efront end. Otherwise turns fine.

The Dodge is a 96 12 valve. I like the 12 valves a lot better than the 24 valves.

Back