My logging operation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was 18 or something I was flying a kite in Rockford Park, Wilmington,DE. Some dude drives by and yells out the window " Hey jerkoff! Kites are for children, stop playing with toys". The kite had a 12 foot wingspan by the way. Anyway I hollered back some more profanity and by the time he pulled a u-turn I had my damascus barrelled 16 gauge double barrel out from behind the seat of my 88 Ford Ranger and pointed into the window of his little car. Now that was funny.

Ok, if you say so.

i knew there had to be somone else with this addiction on here. i dont have a full time layout but im putting one under the tree this year. she-who-runs-the-checkbook even let me buy a station and water tower kit.

for really cheap buildings there is a book you can buy. its from dover publishing and has paper buildings you can cut fold and glue.

i will try to post some pictures when i get everything just right.

That was neato Idaho guy. I like the Ho scale better though. WHat scale was that? Them there loaders and whatnot probably cost a little more than my 1.99 wheel loader.
I have no real idea what I am doing but lucky my wife got me the Ho train which seems to be the choice of many. My set up is total cheese but others really are something amazing.

Last edited:
I saw them while searching Scandanavian forestry machines. Don't know the scale. The video clips look like they took place at some sort of convention.I was somewhat fooled at first until someone walked in front of the camera with a radio control box.

One thing for certain I didn't build it just to look at. I still like to push the cars around on the roads and go " rrrrooom, rrrrrroom"
What someone who wants to build a railroad does is chose a line and try to make it just like it is in real life. I have no idea.

I saw them while searching Scandanavian forestry machines. Don't know the scale. The video clips look like they took place at some sort of convention.I was somewhat fooled at first until someone walked in front of the camera with a radio control box.

Yeah, I thought you were messing with me at first too. Its amazing how real it can look.

Sorry to come off like a complete lunatic its just that I am very sensitive about my playthings.
Besides, I did want to know what others thought about that. I don't know if I over-reacted. What would you have done?

I was always taught never to bring out a gun unless you were going to use it to defend yourself, your loved ones, or your property. You are lucky the guy you pulled the gun on didn't call the cops, because you probably wouldn't have access to this website while you were doing time.

Anyway you have scared me so badly that I won't comment on your logging operation again.

I was always taught never to bring out a gun unless you were going to use it to defend yourself, your loved ones, or your property. You are lucky the guy you pulled the gun on didn't call the cops, because you probably wouldn't have access to this website while you were doing time.

Anyway you have scared me so badly that I won't comment on your logging operation again.

I know, but the guy really got under my skin. I have better self control now, it was a lot of work and it cost a lot money. And from my experiance in both realms I have to say SELF CONTROL IS OVERATED, not bad, just overrated.

" No officer, that is HIS gun"

Trust me the piece of filth that drove his ghetto hoopdee out from the slums would not have called the cops. hell I had my bicycle stolen right out from under me by a gang just around the corner from the park. Wilmington, its bleek. Tahoe? Now that sounds civilized. I wouldn't point a gun at a person if you catch my drift. Sorry to come off like a lunatic.

Last edited:
Here is a lesson on gun safety and proper use for the big city:
DON'T SHOOT ANYBODY WITH A GUN YOU OWN. you shoot them with THEIR gun.

Back