My new 12 year old Cook's AC-36

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I went to the bank yesterday and withdrew the cash for the sawmill. It was dark by the time we got it broke down and ready to haul to the In-Law.

It's a 2005 model, has plywood doors, a 27HP Kohler engine, it only has a single toe board, a single log dog, no De-barker, and a manual guide adjustment. The engine is a little small for production work probably, but will be fine for my needs. I will place the small end of the logs on the toe board, no biggie. I will try it with a single had log dog, if it needs a second I will upgrade. It does have a manual log dog. I'm going to try it without a De-barker, if I need it I will upgrade. [/ATTACH]1128171310.jpg 1128171311a.jpg 1128171311.jpg 1128171309.jpg [/ATTACH] 1128171311.jpg

Thanks guys, yes the truck is a 2004 Harley Davidson Edition with a lot of upgrades. I bought it about 6-7 years ago for the wife.

I finished fixing the tail lights this morning and repacking the wheel bearings. I noticed the drivers side tire had some dry rot in the sidewall so I called Cooks and told them to add a couple of spares in with my order of 20 blades, a new belt, and some UHMW track wipers. I got there just before closing to pick everything up. Only problem was the rims where 6 lug, the rims on the mill are 5 lug. So I'll have to pick up some spares to change out on the way home in the morning. No way I'm pulling 400 miles on 12 year old tires with dry rot.

I hope to cut some oak or pine this weekend when I get home. I'll be sure to post some pics.

thanks,
Ken

Latest posts

Back