Maybe making a BSM ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeeVee

East Coast Champion
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
View attachment 286471I have a Lesco Mower I am going to use to build a mill with, I believe. It needs more to be made work good cutting grass than what I can get out of the machine for a mill.

20 hp Kohler command Electric start. Hydraulic pump turns two wheel motors, electric clutch turns a driveshaft for the blades.

I plan on using the pump and wheel motors, one to raise and lower the saw head on a four post rig, the other to run the rig down the rails driving one v groove sheave on each side.

Off the back of the motor, I may use the electric clutch to power the band wheels, may go mechanical tension, cam.

I may wind up with a small 5hp motor and pump to runa bank of valves for other helpful itmes such as log lift, log turn, log dogs, log levelers, etc.

I tried to cut a pic of the donor. (Similiar) Anyone help me get it visible?

View attachment 286470

Last edited:
That's a real interesting plan. Why not use hydraulics for head position and transport since you have it available. Of course pics will be required. :msp_wink:

I think I will have about 50' of rail, and a trolley car to put slabs of onto, and then moved down rail to off load in a high roof open shed for drying. I have a ASV to love logs with, and I could move slabs and cants too, but I imagine possibly cutting a trolley car full and run it into a solar kiln.

Ideally I want 14" cants by 20 long for post and beam and lumber, even resawing lap and vertical siding, flooring.

Latest posts

Back