My new 55 Rancher is pouring bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLOBOTREE

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
After the first crank the bar was soaked in oil. And after saw was sitting on the work bench, noticed that oil was leaking from the sprocket shaft and from under the metal cover in front of the shaft.
ARRR!

Most saws will leak some after shutting them off. Must be pressure in the tank. If it's too much take it back. What you have sounds normal, my 55 and Dolmars leak for a few minutes after shutting off.

Well, there is a pump involved and heat from the engine/muffler. Just run your saw, if your tank of oil last as long as your fuel tank you should be fine. The saws that don't pump oil at idle leak the least. The 55 is an older model.

When you put it away, open the oil cap to break the siphon, then re-tighten it. This works on my 372.

I was wanting a 372 but I settled for the 55. It was half the money, $700 vs. $350. But sometimes I wonder........

Something ain't right. Only after 30 seconds of runnin the bar is dripping with oil and it leaks badly from under the metal plate cover where the chain tension screw is located. I checked that the surrounding bolts were tight.
ARRR

Is the oiler adjustable? What length bar do you have? It might just be adjusted too high.

My old 55 has never done that. My new 455 does not do that. Send it back there is something wrong for sure. Not excess pressure either. This is just wrong.

Latest posts

Back