My new trailer but now with the sides on

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limestone

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I forgot to post these before so i know everyone loves pictures

2010 Sure Trac 16', 14,000 lb dump with now 5 foot sides makes it equal to a 20 yard dumpster.

Also the 2006 Dodge 2500 Hemi 4x4

Jay

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=140019&stc=1&d=1276014306

attachment.php

I'm guessing you're getting more views than replies on this thread because people are jealous of your trailer, limestone. I just have a 6x12 landscaping trailer w/ no sides. It's all my 4cyl tacoma can handle anyway. It looks like a new trailer. How much did it $et you back?

Just over 8k with the wood for the sides and I also got the scissor hoist for it but it is for my business so i have not had a wood hauling chance with it yet

Nice trailer

but won't it be hard to dump stuff with that long [tall] tailgate? Did you try it yet?

:jawdrop: Very nice! That is a good looking setup.
I have often thought of doing the same thing for work, instead of
having to hire in a dumpster. Something like that would deffinetly
do the trick.:cheers:

it has barn doors on the back and the wooden part is in stake pockets and I can pull them out at any time. I just open the barn doors and chain them back and dump no problem at all.

Very nice! I have been thinking about selling the dump truck and purchasing a regular truck with a large dump trailer. Any idea how much wood it would hold? If possible could you please get a picture of the inside of the trailer, especially along the front?

We have a similar trailer, 7x14, 14,000#...

Ours has a "split gate" on it though. We can swing the barn doors to both sides when dumping wood, or use the gate in "spreader gate" manner for topsoil, gravel, mulch, etc.

I can't imagine not dumping firewood any more!

nice trailer for sure....but, that dodge might get a hernia trying to pull it.

:D

nice trailer for sure....but, that dodge might get a hernia trying to pull it.

:D

I bet dollars to doughnuts that he's over his GCVW when loaded! I know I am with my F-350 Dually and my trailer is 2' shorter and doesn't have the tall sides on it!

I bet dollars to doughnuts that he's over his GCVW when loaded! I know I am with my F-350 Dually and my trailer is 2' shorter and doesn't have the tall sides on it!
+1. I was even told on another forum not to make the bed of a 16' trailer out of 9/4 oak (1-3/4" thick). Reason? The weight of the oak would reduce significantly the capacity that the trailer could carry. The oak bed alone would have weighed in at around 850 lb. And, this trailer has no side boards yet.

So, I saved the oak and bought pressure treated pine instead. :popcorn:

Last edited:
If limestone gets a crew cab long bed diesel dually and a ported 880&362 will you think he's sufficiently equipped, or does that leave something to be desired?

I forgot to post these before so i know everyone loves pictures

2010 Sure Trac 16', 14,000 lb dump with now 5 foot sides makes it equal to a 20 yard dumpster.

Also the 2006 Dodge 2500 Hemi 4x4

Jay

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=140019&stc=1&d=1276014306

attachment.php

That's a really nice rig. I've got an 8' x 16' deckover gooseneck, it will hold 4 cords cut, split, & stacked and handles it just fine. I wouldn't worry too much about GVWR's, just make sure you have good brakes on the truck & the trailer, and use your head while loading and driving. Just because the truck will pull it at 75, dosen't mean you need to let it (but you already knew that). :cheers:

Andy

I have been averaging about 2.6 tons at the dump so not a problem, but I also have and F-350 diesel dump that I can pull it with but that gets me into class a license

Latest posts

Back