My Norwood Experience

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wismer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well guys, It's done. I picked up my Lumbermate two weekends ago, worked on it at odd hours in the shop and I finished it yesterday. It took me about 20-25 hours or so.

here it is:

yea dusty, me too... I'm having a few minor problems with the motor, I have yet to start it (it's the honda 13) it's over choked and backfired but so far hasn't run. I haven;t had much time to work on it but hopefully i can get ripping into some wood real soon.

yea so far so good, they were great when i went up there to talk with them and pick up the mill. (they ship it all in boxes on 2 pallets) shipping was gonna be between 900-1300 bucks, so we took the 2 hour drive. While i was putting it together they were very helpful and available with the 1-800 number you can call for assistance, and it is great engineering. They use 90% of the same bolts on the whole machiine. So far, I'm impressed. The most tedious part is making the adjustments for the track, bandwheels etc. Everything has to be fairly perfect for it to run right.

Craig

Very interesting seeing those pics as you were putting it together.. thanks. As soon as I get more space and more time... I will have me a bandsaw on wheels like that. Keep posting.

I like that little allis in the corner, too

What's the story of the A-C G beside your mill in a couple of the pics? Good to see its out of the weather.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

What's the story of the A-C G beside your mill in a couple of the pics? Good to see its out of the weather.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Dave,

That little tractor is ancient, but it has to be the handiest. we use it for cultivating corn, tomatoes potatoes etc etc (any row crop in the large garden) We also use it for cultivating young vines. It gets a pretty good workout every year and keeps going strong. The engine has had a rebuild but I believe that to be the first major work on it. She kind of got burried in empty norwood boxes during the construction of the mill but i will have her out soon!

Craig

Craig,

I have an AC "G" too... I don't use it much, but there no better tractor for cultivating! I also wished they had a bit more power, as that Continental flat head "isn't" over powered any!

Rob

:popcorn: I got my Norwood with the Briggs 23 hp about 3 years ago, and have been loving it every since. My first & biggest job was about 50 Cypress logs here in sunny Louisianna. Keep some grease on the runners and grease the bandwheel bearings on a regular basis. The only problem I've had was burning up the clutch when I tried cutting a log that had been used for target practice(which I didn't know).....and came across lots of 'non-wood' items. Live and learn.

:popcorn: I got my Norwood with the Briggs 23 hp about 3 years ago, and have been loving it every since. My first & biggest job was about 50 Cypress logs here in sunny Louisianna. Keep some grease on the runners and grease the bandwheel bearings on a regular basis. The only problem I've had was burning up the clutch when I tried cutting a log that had been used for target practice(which I didn't know).....and came across lots of 'non-wood' items. Live and learn.

Welcome to the forum, bannabiker. Looking forward to seeing a few pictures...

I'll be posting a few myself here in a few weeks, sort of a "what I did on my summer vacation" :D

Howdy!

Welcome to AS. Lets see those pics.... both of you:popcorn:

Congrats on the NEW mill purchases!!

My question is, how long did it take you to put them together, and did you have a lot of problems getting it done???

Rob

Rob,

Took me 10-15 hours. A little slower than most I guess but i don't have much machine or milling experience.

No major problems, to report, just human error reading something wrong, trying to take it to fast

Craig

Back