My rare find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I answered and ad for a person needing skid steer work. He said part of the job was pushing 5 junk cars out of the woods. I met up to look at the job and set up a time to start. I made a deal for one of the cars. I am going to take 3 hours off the bill. The cars have been siting in the woods for 25 years. The car I'm geting is a 1966 Impala SS 327 conv't. It's all complete and all origional. I know this isn;t the most sought after car there is but it's a good find none the less. I'll take pics and post. I'm getting it tomorrow.

Scott

I answered and ad for a person needing skid steer work. He said part of the job was pushing 5 junk cars out of the woods. I met up to look at the job and set up a time to start. I made a deal for one of the cars. I am going to take 3 hours off the bill. The cars have been siting in the woods for 25 years. The car I'm geting is a 1966 Impala SS 327 conv't. It's all complete and all origional. I know this isn;t the most sought after car there is but it's a good find none the less. I'll take pics and post. I'm getting it tomorrow.

Scott

That is a great find and don't sell it short ss and convertable
mint it right all new metal weatherstripping etc mint 25 to 30k

Big Chevy convertibles weren't as common as the A bodies. I don't recall seeing many 67 SS convertibles. As long as the top bows are in reasonable shape, you should be able to find everything else.

Happy parts hunting!

I'm not going to keep the car. I'm going to sell it as soon as it hits the driveway. I just didn't want to see it hit the crusher. I traded 3 hrs of skid steer work for it. I was charging $65 an hour for the work so I have $195 in the car. I'm hoping to get at least $1500 for it. I have been told by chevy guys it could be worth anywhere from $1500 to $5000. It just depends who is looking at the time.

Scott

I'm not going to keep the car. I'm going to sell it as soon as it hits the driveway. I just didn't want to see it hit the crusher. I traded 3 hrs of skid steer work for it. I was charging $65 an hour for the work so I have $195 in the car. I'm hoping to get at least $1500 for it. I have been told by chevy guys it could be worth anywhere from $1500 to $5000. It just depends who is looking at the time.

Scott

Well I am a Chevy guy. I have owned a couple old Impala Super Sports and a Chevy II Super Sport. And I think that car is worth about $195.00.

Latest posts

Back