My saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skipper

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey, just figured I'd post up a few pics of my saws. Think I've already posted a couple pics in other threads too.

Bought an old 365 special. Worked great, cut a couple tractor trailer loads of hardwood to stove length, used it on a few jobs doing this and that.

Then this happened

Saw was adjusted properly running on fresh premium gas and Jonsered 50:1 mix. Air leak somewhere? Couldn't find anything obvious. It was running great, then sputtered and quit. I have some suspicions about someone who ran it.
Anyways, I bought a 372 xpg with a bad crank. Never actually got a picture of that saw together, as I got it before work and as soon as the day was done I was in the shop pulling it apart.

Pulled the piston and cylinder out of it, and all the top end "goodies" for the tall air filter and made myself a 372.

Also picked up a new 20" for it the other day.

Haven't hooked up the heated handles yet. Been loving cutting with it too much. It's noticeably stronger than when it was 65cc.

Anyways, I've got everything minus a crank, piston and cylinder (OK, I guess I don't have much) to put together another 372. Ordered $100 worth of Chinese stuff to put together a spare chunking saw, and if it blows up, whatever. It's an experiment. I'll keep everyone posted.

This was my backup while the Husky was down. It was actually my first saw, since then I've owned 6 others (some have come and gone), always kept the Stihl.

Thinking it's about time she goes to a new life with someone else. Looking at 50-60cc Husqvarna/Jonsered. Mainly due to dealer availability. The Jonsered guy is the best and I'd rather pay him more than any of the other dealers around.

Thoughts on a light saw to complement the 372? I was kinda thinking 550xp.

I kinda like the one you already have..

I've really liked that little saw. It's been totally reliable and I'd recommend it to anyone, but I personally don't like it's design (choke/kill switch lever comes to mind, plus it's kind of a pain to get anything apart when you're in the woods. Not deal breaking, but still).

If I can't get a fair price for it, it'll stay. I don't sell anything just to get rid of it - and really, with how well that saw has treated me, I probably shouldn't sell it. But if the right offer comes along, it's gone. I try not to be too sentimental about machines. It's tough sometimes though.

Latest posts

Back