Mystery Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adkranger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This saw was given to me by my cousin, he acquired at a garage sale cheap, used it three times until it scared the crap outta him so he looked for a new home for it. Of course I accepted it with a keen interest:cheers: My problem is that I have no idea what model it is and only a vague idea of vintage, most of my "vintage" experience is with older Stihls, Homelites, Macs and a couple old Lambs. I'd like to know what model it is, so vintage Husky guys... a little help? The side by side photos are with a 365 for size comparison. I know someone is going to suggest looking at the number plate, but alas that has been rubbed off, intentional or accidental I don't know. Either way no serial # to help out. The saw runs fantastic, boat loads of compression. I asked my dealer what it was when he made me a replacement bar adjustment screw from old Poulon stock, he "guessed" maybe a model 70? But wasn't sure. Thanks, appreciate any answers.

Thanks for the reply Fred. Have not laid 'er into wood yet but when you hit the trigger she really pulls nicely, feels like it just oozes torque. Guess I'll have to do a little cutting tomorrow. I probably won't use this saw often, but I'm sure it will be rewarding when needed.

Do you know how available parts are for the 2100? Also approximate vintage? I was guessing 30 years or so old.

Daks

adkranger said:
This saw was given to me by my cousin, he acquired at a garage sale cheap, used it three times until it scared the crap outta him so he looked for a new home for it. Of course I accepted it with a keen interest:cheers: My problem is that I have no idea what model it is and only a vague idea of vintage, most of my "vintage" experience is with older Stihls, Homelites, Macs and a couple old Lambs. I'd like to know what model it is, so vintage Husky guys... a little help? The side by side photos are with a 365 for size comparison. I know someone is going to suggest looking at the number plate, but alas that has been rubbed off, intentional or accidental I don't know. Either way no serial # to help out. The saw runs fantastic, boat loads of compression. I asked my dealer what it was when he made me a replacement bar adjustment screw from old Poulon stock, he "guessed" maybe a model 70? But wasn't sure. Thanks, appreciate any answers.

Hey dude, since your up here in the daks, where'd you get that baby from if ya don't mind me askin? The husky dealer up in Wilmington is who I ask all my husky/stihl questions. The guys there are extremely knowledgeable and very very friendly. That's a great saw btw, I'd like to get my hands on something around that size also...

Yup, Parkside Supply is who I generally send my business to. He's the one who fixed up the chain adjuster screw(I can see now why the previous owner was throwing the chain all the time) but wasn't sure of the model. They are good folks there, always get prompt service. btw the saw was picked up in the Syracuse area at a garage sale for $50 by my cousin. He gave it to me because he didn't need it and was afraid to give it to his old man. Not a saw for the faint of heart to be sure, plus no chain brake.

The chainbrake on that model was all contained in the side cover. A full wrap handlebar meant no brake. There was a knob on the original non wrap handlebar the could actuate the brake without the operators hand hitting the brake handle, "Swede O Matic" I think it was called. I have the setup on my 2100.

Thanks for the link SawTroll, that is a great site. If I'd known about it I probably could've done my own research, but then we wouldn't have this opportunity would we.

The 285cd is close, but on closer inspection it does not have the manual oiler near kill switch and lacks big anti-vibe mount at base of feller dogs. Actually the 298xp looks alot closer but still lacks the oiler. The only two on that page it could be is either 2100cd or 2101xp (except they depict the same 2100cd picture) does anyone know the difference between two?

I don't know more than you have found out yourself.

Your saw is either a 2100CD or 2101xp, and I don't know if there are any differenses between them, except for the logo......:bang:

Be aware that not every piece of info on CSCC is correct, but it is a great help anyway!:rockn: :rockn:

Latest posts

Back