ne grows

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed NE Grows

I missed the grows show this year. Been home all week with my son, he has the flu. I was gonna bring him yesterday but the Warden would have my B*lls.
What did aerial lift have on the floor this year? Any new and exciting equipment that might need to be purchased?

i ment mayer tree (sp) boston bull its the one you posted all the pics of that the only reson i noticed it.lol they had some bucket trucks but not really anything new.

Yeah I think I remember them............:greenchainsaw:

Was it the F350 parked out front of the building? With a ticket on the windshield?! hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! :buttkick:

yep that was it lol i was with my boss and his son i work for a small comp and im like fam with them and was like i think i know that truck from arboristsite i wish we could have gotten a spot like that untill we walked by and u had a tiket lol it was an okay show we went for the credits but they had some good stuff

There were some good exhibits, and it was awesome to see the new 21" by Vermeer.........what a Beast!

I was NOT impressed witht he "lab" bartlett had set-up instead of the tree......what a waste.
AND the fact that you couldnt buy anything on the floor......:buttkick:

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

ya what was with not being able to buy anything? this is my first year there has it always been like that. the vermere was a beast i would love to see that in action. we would have bought a bunch of stuff like shovels and such but you had to order everything which is a pain.

You couldnt buy anything because of Unions, from what I understand..........

the new Vermeer chips brush and logs like noones business! And it is ultra quiet. What a machine!

?nothing worthwhile in the lab?

Plenty of stuff worthwhile. but not like previous years where there were climbing, rigging, pruning, cableing etc classes. it was more of a sales pitch for their co. IMO.

When the MAA looked after the TREE it had more to offer everyone. again IMO

Yeah my boss said the show sucked this year and I didnt miss much.

The only trees bartlett cares about are the ones used to print money.

You couldnt buy anything because of Unions, from what I understand..........

Thats kind of a crazy statement there Jimbo. It was one Union, and they want a piece of any transactions that take place in their building, fair enough IMO. If the vendors/ne grows had agreed to pay a percentage of their sales, you would have been allowed to buy stuff on site and bring it home with you. You COULD have made the statement: You couldn't buy anything because of the useless politics involved in running a convention center. It would have been more accurate IMO:)

much easier to blame the big scary "Unions":givebeer:

c'mon Guy. Seriously.........they just work there
Sorry for being slow on the uptake. OTG referred to it as "their" building, which sounded like they owned it. If they only work there, what right do they have to claim a "piece of the action"?

I've been away from the big city for a long time, so I honestly do not understand the basis for their claim. Is that some kind of legalized protection racket, blackmail, or just sheer intimidation? Whatever it is, they muscled out an enterprise that would have benefited arborists.:angry2:

I'm new to the tree care industry, and after attending the TCI Expo in Hartford just this past fall, the NE Grows show, as far as an arboriculture/tree care standpoint wasnt all that outstanding IMO.

If you were there as part of a nursery or a landscape company though, you were in heaven. :cheers:

Back