Best stand up Boom truck ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Reaction score
Hi all,
Been in the tree game for a while, think about buying a boom truck to help with all of the labor.
I'm thinking about a stand up control boom truck, they seem less expensive then cranes with cabs and seem like a good entry level way to start. I've been told national cranes make some of the best units out there.
I was thinking about a 9103a national boom truck, it is 26 ton which seems like it should be a decent chart. Does anyone have any advice or experience on these or other boom trucks?

Thanks
Tony

it is 26 ton which seems like it should be a decent chart
decent according to what? if your radius is less than 40ft itll be alright, I run a 30102WL manitex and the load chart goes to crap past 60ft
keep in mind you need to be doing picks at or bellow 70% capacity, I shoot for half or a little more
also the chart doesnt factor in deductions, if it says you can pick 2000, take out roughly 200 for cable, another 100-150 for the ball, 50 for rigging, all the sudden you can only lift 1600/2 or 800-900 pounds, and usually something like 500 pound deduction for the stowed jib unless you remove it

Hi all,
Been in the tree game for a while, think about buying a boom truck to help with all of the labor.
I'm thinking about a stand up control boom truck, they seem less expensive then cranes with cabs and seem like a good entry level way to start. I've been told national cranes make some of the best units out there.
I was thinking about a 9103a national boom truck, it is 26 ton which seems like it should be a decent chart. Does anyone have any advice or experience on these or other boom trucks?

Thanks
Tony
is the 9103 national rear mounted?

Yes, I'm just getting educated on these trucks right now. Empire crane had an older rear mount 9103a for sale. I've always preferred rear mounted bucket trucks. There seems to be more behind the cab mounted used 900s available though.

Latest posts

Back