Near new Canadien 276 and company...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A pair of 122cc Canadiens. Pay no attention to the blue paint job on the 275, it runs just fine.

The other just came in today. I bought it as a 275 but it turned out to be a 380 based on the serial number stamp. Has good compression at least.

Chris B.

I think the blue/white looks very nice.

Why do they resemble the IEL model RA so much? Just a Canuk thing?

So I take it that the blue one isn't the one that needed a piston?

I can't keep up any more Lol.

The blue one did get the piston and seals and bearings.

I think the blue/white looks very nice.

Why do they resemble the IEL model RA so much? Just a Canuk thing?

If I understand the history, when IEL sold to OMC and became Pioneer, OMC moved the factory away from Vancouver. Alot of those former-IEL guys went to work for PM (still located in Vancouver). There are a lot of simliarities. Heck, the main bearings and seals are, for the most part, identical.

Chris B.

Got that PM 380 all done. No paint job here, just the internals. Bearings, seals, rings. Turned out quite nice. Only little hiccup is the fuel tank was seeping at the welded seam. Don't know why as it isn't structural at all. I pulled it back down, cleaned the tank, and JBwelded it. I'll let it sit a couple of days before I fuel it back up. Other than that, the saw runs very well.

I did have to rob the clutch off my parts 275. Seems someone installed a clutch and drum off a smaller bore Canadien. The muffler was junk as well.

Glad to see AS is behaving a bit better today.

Chris B.

Very sweet saw Chris. Amazing to find a N.O.S. one to boot. Video looks great too. Runs just like a big gear drive should. Pourin chips. I think Lee has one too, but I don't know if he has buily it yet. Enjoy.

A pair of 122cc Canadiens. Pay no attention to the blue paint job on the 275, it runs just fine.

The other just came in today. I bought it as a 275 but it turned out to be a 380 based on the serial number stamp. Has good compression at least.

Chris B.

Are you saying the color of the blue is "off" on the 275 or it shouldn't be blue????

The parts 275 I had was blue topped.

Are you saying the color of the blue is "off" on the 275 or it shouldn't be blue????

The parts 275 I had was blue topped.

The shade of blue is off, but the early 270s and 275s top were blue. The recoil and clutch cover should be the Canadien cream color, but never mind that. I have a pair of 270s, one blue and one red. The 276 is what throws me, with the green top cover.

Chris B.

The blue one did get the piston and seals and bearings.

If I understand the history, when IEL sold to OMC and became Pioneer, OMC moved the factory away from Vancouver. Alot of those former-IEL guys went to work for PM (still located in Vancouver). There are a lot of simliarities. Heck, the main bearings and seals are, for the most part, identical.

Chris B.
I think the canadien pm saws is a much better saw .to bad they did not have a longer run . in a sense put me in mind of the avero arrow jet just thinking what could have been. something good .

Back