neat way to measure wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.W Younger

ass kissing impaired
Reaction score
most of you probably know this but for those that don't..length x height x width in inches devided by 220=cords or fractions of cords let the flaming begin

Harry, It is supposed to all be in inches not a mixture of feet and inches 96" x 48" x 16" = 73728 cubic inches. Divide that by 220,000 and you get 0.3351273 cords . ???:confused: ??? That cant be right ! It shopuld have been 0.3333_ cords. Oh well I guess I give'em a stick or 2 anyway.

To be more accurate 1728 (cubic inches in a cubic foot) x 128 (cubic feet in a cord) is 221,184 cubic inches in a cord. but 220 is easier to figure in your head so 220 works for me.

Thanks

We can measure it all we want, but i feel the basics that we all measure our wood is the basic "FREE HEAT". Yes we spend money on fuel, oil, chainsaws and labor.

It is the basics, but it is something we enjoy.

We have the enjoyment to take the time and talk, within the forums, to each other and reading in general. The knowledge we gain from this mass of information is unmeasurable.

I am sorry, but sometimes when I am drunk, I am a philosopher(drunk). With the wisdom of life (and ale) I have a sometimes been known to be an ass and also a knowledge of wisdom.

Glenn
Happy New Year :givebeer:

Harry, It is supposed to all be in inches not a mixture of feet and inches 96" x 48" x 16" = 73728 cubic inches. Divide that by 220,000 and you get 0.3351273 cords . ???:confused: ??? That cant be right ! It shopuld have been 0.3333_ cords. Oh well I guess I give'em a stick or 2 anyway.

To be more accurate 1728 (cubic inches in a cubic foot) x 128 (cubic feet in a cord) is 221,184 cubic inches in a cord. but 220 is easier to figure in your head so 220 works for me.

Thanks

Aha. RTFM. I misread the OP. I thought it was supposed to come to a full cord, not a 1/3 cord.

Hate to admit how many times I reran it before I asked:dizzy:

Harry K

Latest posts

Back