• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Need 372xp parts....2009 model

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@westcoaster90 yes the brake was on in the pic, i unlockednit and still locked up, unfortunately.......what scares me some is I can see some rust that's formed in the bottom end counter wieght, I would be shocked/surprised if the crank is good...this saw has probably just sat on the floor of a shop since some fryed it....yes it's in VERY good shape, hardly any use, that's the only reason I wanted it.....I would say it will be $300 plus or minus to get her back to "original"...

I think I will just set this one to the side and put it all back together OEM, I just want a good example of a husky....my buddy is a is not brand loyal at all, and he says I won't be using my ms461 much, if I fuxnthis husky up LOL...

I have 20-30 clamshells that I will rebuild and sell....I need to get some saws out of my way/work area, then I will put sometime into the husky.....I am really anxious to run it!!!!

@westcoaster90 yes the brake was on in the pic, i unlockednit and still locked up, unfortunately.......what scares me some is I can see some rust that's formed in the bottom end counter wieght, I would be shocked/surprised if the crank is good...this saw has probably just sat on the floor of a shop since some fryed it....yes it's in VERY good shape, hardly any use, that's the only reason I wanted it.....I would say it will be $300 plus or minus to get her back to "original"...

I think I will just set this one to the side and put it all back together OEM, I just want a good example of a husky....my buddy is a is not brand loyal at all, and he says I won't be using my ms461 much, if I fuxnthis husky up LOL...

I have 20-30 clamshells that I will rebuild and sell....I need to get some saws out of my way/work area, then I will put sometime into the husky.....I am really anxious to run it!!!!

if you've only seen some of the **** i've saved. i got a 385 and a 660 in trade for some work on some other saws a month ago and both were locked up solid. the husky was so bad it took 4 days to get it apart, that was mostly soaking time though as i just filled the case with liquid wrench to free it up. same went for the 660 but it was no where near as bad. now, they both run great and have 6-8 tanks each. the 660 i am confident in and would even sell it as a used saw. the engine turns nice, free, and the bearings are even smooth/tight. the 385 makes a bit of bottom end noise and it's not something i would sell currently. it's bone stock and i've done everything from falling to ripping boards with it so far just to see if i could kill it but no luck. running the usual 40:1 all the other saws get but tuned a bit rich to increase it's chances of smoothing out. as of now, the 385 turns free as well, bearings are also tight but they are a little bit noisy and the noise has gone away to almost nothing with the run time it got. i'm gonna keep my eye on it but at this point i don't think those bearings are just gonna fall apart as they would have already. it's an old saw and not a part of my falling fleet so it's not important to have it fresh. many here would rebuild it (some here would even pull it apart for nothing just to reassemble it with a few prettier parts and say they built it lol)but it's either parts bin or a saw to use around the house. it fits the bill for both. :) i've looked at what others throw away and say to some "go back to working on new **** cause you ain't got the skills, nothing but a parts changer". to assume the worst without even looking sounds very dealerish. this hobby will cost a parts changer a fortune, real builders get it done for the right price. not saying your a parts changer though. if you could find a crank, bearings, and top end for a good price and you don't have much in it to start i definitely would not call you stupid for going that route. if the crank and cylinder turned out salvagable that would be alot of expense for nothing though.

if you've only seen some of the **** i've saved. i got a 385 and a 660 in trade for some work on some other saws a month ago and both were locked up solid. the husky was so bad it took 4 days to get it apart, that was mostly soaking time though as i just filled the case with liquid wrench to free it up. same went for the 660 but it was no where near as bad. now, they both run great and have 6-8 tanks each. the 660 i am confident in and would even sell it as a used saw. the engine turns nice, free, and the bearings are even smooth/tight. the 385 makes a bit of bottom end noise and it's not something i would sell currently. it's bone stock and i've done everything from falling to ripping boards with it so far just to see if i could kill it but no luck. running the usual 40:1 all the other saws get but tuned a bit rich to increase it's chances of smoothing out. as of now, the 385 turns free as well, bearings are also tight but they are a little bit noisy and the noise has gone away to almost nothing with the run time it got. i'm gonna keep my eye on it but at this point i don't think those bearings are just gonna fall apart as they would have already. it's an old saw and not a part of my falling fleet so it's not important to have it fresh. many here would rebuild it (some here would even pull it apart for nothing just to reassemble it with a few prettier parts and say they built it lol)but it's either parts bin or a saw to use around the house. it fits the bill for both. :) i've looked at what others throw away and say to some "go back to working on new **** cause you ain't got the skills, nothing but a parts changer". to assume the worst without even looking sounds very dealerish. this hobby will cost a parts changer a fortune, real builders get it done for the right price. not saying your a parts changer though. if you could find a crank, bearings, and top end for a good price and you don't have much in it to start i definitely would not call you stupid for going that route. if the crank and cylinder turned out salvagable that would be alot of expense for nothing though.
Yes I will NOT be buying parts until I know what I got, I can't image someone that would buy those expensive parts, not knowing if they needed them?!?!?

Yep be nice to find used parts that I need, hence the "wanted" add...I will crack her open and see what the business is....I do agree with you about not buying new parts until you know you need them....

I have learned to keep certain parts on hand, especially for clamshell I flip....I had a ms250 making bearing noise the other day...I thought it sounded bad enough I couldn't have sold it so I broke her down....sure as hell, one of the metal "cages" that hold the bearing in was broke out....luckily, I have done enough of these now, bearings for these are one of the parts I do keep around....

I have been soaking her each day to try and get her loose for the "deed"....will report back on it....I do want to get her going, step over to the dark side for a few :cheers:

Back